I am just saying....

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

STraenkle

I am just saying....

Post by STraenkle »

Jets don't look that good. Hey were all friends, but I can say Randall, "I just saying"
Scott Traenkle
Ed Curry

Post by Ed Curry »

I'm not much of a Jet fan, and the Pats pretty much crushed them but it's just one game. I remember about three years ago when the Pats won every game they played.
Except one.
Don't lend a hand to raise a flag aboard a ship of fools!
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Wasn't the Jets that won the last game to break that perfect season?
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

45-3

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Last edited by dougl33 on Dec 7th, '10, 09:00, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Doug L.
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

IRGuy wrote:Wasn't the Jets that won the last game to break that perfect season?
No. It was the Giants. Still can't believe the Pats lost that game.
Regards,

Doug L.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Now Ed, don't you think that was a bit of an over reaction to what Scott said?

Up here in NE, and I am sure down there in NY, we have been subjected to the media hype (Yes, media hype, not hype created by the teams themselves) about how this is the ultimate grudge match, the biggest rivalry in sports. It has been compared to the Sox/Yankees (again, what? Huh? Nothing compares to that!), etc. I think I speak for many Pats fans when I say that this game was a lot more of a blow out than we expected. The Jets are supposed to have a pretty amazing defense. It was one game. It just proved once again that the pundits probably would find better accuracy as weathermen...

The Pats are having a very good season. They are playing well. Its fun to watch. The defense is penetrable, but they are quick and athletic. The are a bend and break defense, but the average age is only 25 years old. They are in fact the youngest defense in the nfl, so they are clearly learning.

For me, it was a blast to watch Woodhead take his old team apart at the seams. That was not a Pats/Jets rivalry at all. That was a Woodhead/Jets rivalry. That was real and fun.

Hell of a game last night. I'm just sayin'.
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

dougl33 wrote:45-3

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Sorry. Way too much to drink last night.

What a game though!
Regards,

Doug L.
RAWicklund

Post by RAWicklund »

Hell.... I must of had too much to drink BEFORE the game cause I bet on the Jets.............

The Green Koolaide hangover hurts this morning.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Rawleigh, never bet against the Pats at home. 25, now 26 consecutive wins in the home stadium.

Bad idea to bet against them at home...

Sorry!!!!
Ed Curry

Post by Ed Curry »

Gee Dug I didn't realize you guys were so sensitive. Maybe we can all go down to mamby pamby land and get some self confidence for you, ya jackwagon!

All in good fun Dug and a few Guinesses for good measure. Pats are indeed the team to beat and have been for some time. I have alot of respect for Bellicheck,
he's had quite a career so far and some of that was here in New York.

I had alot of fun at the expense of my Jet fan friends last night and continued
on in that spirit defending my home town team. The Jets are like a sissy little brother,we can pick on them but we also defend them against the bullies.
My apologies if I came on a little strong Scot.

Looking forward to the playoffs, till we meet again. Just sayin!
Don't lend a hand to raise a flag aboard a ship of fools!
Dug

Post by Dug »

:) No worries Ed! As Scott said, we all friends here!

Giants had a solid win over the weekend too if I recall!

there are a few really good solid teams out there. Parity seems to be the way it is at the top. That being said, we should enjoy it while we can, as I think there may not be football next year... Lockout...

And as I said, I am just tired of the media hype. Haters are what you get when you are good I guess. I am sure the Giants had their share when they owned the football world. And I am not sure I would say the Pats own it yet... But they are close! :)
randall

Post by randall »

the jets got crushed. at best a wake up call....at worst a season ending humiliation.

but there is another game or 3 for both teams. its a funny league. browns beat pats...jets beat browns.

jets win pats lose and its like they lost 7-3. but the truth is i dont think thats what is going to happen. pats win the division jets wild card then.....
STeveZ

Post by STeveZ »

So if the Pats crushed the Jets and the Browns crushed the Pats and everybody else crushed the Browns, what does that say about the AFC East? :)
randall

Post by randall »

its not just the AFC east. i watch every giant's game also. what you have is a league where no team is head and shoulders above the rest and the bottom teams can beat anyone on any given sunday( but dont...thats why they are on the bottom).....with the giants you never know which team is going to show up. when they are good....they are very good.

peyton is the mystery of the moment....not having a good year.
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

STeveZ wrote:So if the Pats crushed the Jets and the Browns crushed the Pats and everybody else crushed the Browns, what does that say about the AFC East? :)
We'll know in the next 3 weeks as the Pats play the Bears and GB and the Jets play the Bears (having already lost to GB).
Regards,

Doug L.
randall

Post by randall »

i dont think theres any question that at the moment the pats are way better than the jets...its that QB- coach thing.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

The Knicks have just won 5 in a row, which proves that the sun even shines on a dogs ass some days.......
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315