rear deck kits

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

charlie falkenstein

rear deck kits

Post by charlie falkenstein »

any info on deck kits?while i am repowering i also want to replace rear deck,sides motor boxes etc. i contacted bertram specialties in calif. and have a price but was wondering what else is out there.any help as always is greatly appreciated
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Cabrerras, Glasstech and richard Bertram
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Not sure about Cabreras. There work is beautiful but not sure they are still in business. No phone. Spottu replies to emails. If they are still around they build the prettiest, most complete, most easily installed componenents. Down side is that instructions are on one sheet of paper. Check everything upon delivery to the nth degree. Be sure that what you ordered is what you got. After three years I am still attempting to get the correct top for the new fuel tank.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
JohnV8r

Post by JohnV8r »

Bertram Specialties is the Cabrerras deck. I believe Alex obtained a license from Cabrerras to manufacture the deck on the West Coast.

That deck is pretty awesome. However, it is not made to be ordered ala carte. In other words, if you get the deck, you need the side panels, motor boxes, kill box, etc in order for it to all fit together. I'm sure you could do some customization to incorporate it with other side panels, etc, but at that point you might be better off with Glasstech or the Allied Richard Bertram deck.

Glasstech and the Bertram deck are now both made with divinycell cores. Glasstech can customize a deck to your specs (i.e. add fish boxes). I don't know that Bertram can do that.

Last time I priced them, the entire Cabrerras system was $7000+, Bertram and Glasstech were around $3500, and a customized Glasstech deck with fish boxes was just north of $5000. With resin prices fluctuating, pricing has likely changed.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.
Bertram 31 - The Best Boat Ever Built
barnaclebill

Deck Replacement

Post by barnaclebill »

Which of the deck systems are still being made in three pieces? I am looking into the same project, but my boat is in Kona, so I want to stack the three piece deck system together for cheaper shipping. Do you know the contact information for the source in California? Having trouble finding them on the web.

Thanks for all the great information,
Aloha, Barnacle Bill
God bless you and I pray that you are healthy and happy- Fair winds and following seas! Aloha
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Bill,

Alex Whitaker - http://bertram31.com/sponsors/31bert/ (Bertram 31 Specialities) is likned both on my Links Page & the Website Links posted on this forum...

Br,

Patrick
JP Miller

Glasstech

Post by JP Miller »

A few years ago I installed a Glasstech one piece deck in a 42 Bert. Fit like a glove and was real nice. A beautiful floor.