nasty day for a test run

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

nasty day for a test run

Post by bob lico »

with the 7100 punp preset stops at 3215rpm. i put the new cummins into the wind.many surprises-- steering is absolutly incredable it will start to turn in 1 foot of moving the wheel can turn in the lenth of the boat!on plane at 1550rpm, cruise at 31knots and top speed 37knot in a 3to 4 foot chop. tremedous power at 1600rpm.not happy will the chines at the stern being out of the water.with a full tank (231 gal)and the huge under deck fish boxes full of ice slurry perhaps the chines should at least touch the water.jp the engines exhaust is not loud with the 6"mini max not sure if it is the mufflers or the fact that i have full lenth rubber exhaust?
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Congratulations Bob. It's been a long time coming.

I'll bet that once you add 1000 lbs of beer drinkers, some coolers and some bait....those chines will be in the right place.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Bob,
Very nice.
The Cummins perform well with a little rpm tweak.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

bruce i wanted to mention this is my first shot with the new vulken torsional damper.no springs to rattle 10 times the strenth, requires special steel driveplate. our price 800.00 for a pair.i wasn`t looking for top speed or i would have went for 3 blade props. i have no swim platform so the boat goes in and out with the fork lift . i have 6 sets of prop to try will give you test results will 5 blade.