Hueso is the man!!!!!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

Hueso is the man!!!!!

Post by Dug »

Liz and I spent Thursday of last week until Monday of this week in Puerto Rico for a wedding. The wedding party stayed at a pretty swank hotel in the Condado section of San Juan called La Concha. Pretty nice. I will say that the party was the best (I mean wedding!) I have ever been to. Off the top.

But the best was Sunday, the day after the wedding. I had contacted David (Hueso) as soon as I found out we were to be in PR in November. Immediately he said contact him, and we would get together.

He is the man.

He picked us up at the hotel, and as we drove to the boat (about 40 minutes west of San Juan) we chatted it up. It was great to meet another of the guys I have talked with over the years, talk repowering, boats, family etc. David is a great guy. I knew it before, but extra knew it now!

We got to the boat, and had her fueled in short order. His awesome and beautiful family of wife, two daughters (15 and 16), and son (1) joined us soon after. We headed out on a tour of all the islands and beaches he has within reach of the harbor, and I know now where many of his shots are taken! We anchored in a great cove, with a beautiful beach and he broke out the grill and grilled up a storm of marinated skirt steak and awesome sweet bread for lunch. It was raining intermittantly, but we didn't really care I think... If we got cold, we jumped in the water to warm up. Yup, nice, huh! I thought it was pretty cool!

The rain poured in the afternoon, and there was an overflow of a bay inland into the anchorage so we decided to move on, and catch some fish. As soon as we were clear of the bay, lines in and we had a solid barracuda hit, and then a cero mackeral hit with a fierceness that was only to be witnessed. No, we did not catch the fish, but I swear it was 30' in the air after the hit. It blew the skirt off the jet head too. Wow, what a display!

After we got tied up again, and showered off in the marina (which was huge, clean and very nice!) we headed back to San Juan, but not before dinner. It was another round of awesome food, and the conversation never stopped.

And yes, we fell asleep on the ride home. It was just a terrific day!!!!

Hueso, thank you and your whole family for your hospitality and your willingness to play for the day. Liz and I will be back, and we promise, as you insisted, we will call ya. And if you come up, which you really should! Please come visit and play with us! Come up for the rendezvous, and we ride together!

Guys, this is one good guy, and a first class member of the sand box. We knew that, but i had to say it!

Again my friend, thank you!!!!
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Thats what the sandbox is all about! Hueso is "The Man".
micky

Post by micky »

Long time friend of mine. Great guy.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Dug,

Thanks for the report of the great time that you and Liz had with Hueso and his family. I "met" David on the Board here, and we had the opportunity to visit a little via email (I sent him a Bertram 31 license frame). You are right, you meet some of the nicest folks on and through this Board. Glad you had a blast; now we need to get David up for the NC or NE Rendezvous. By the way Dug, I sent you an email at your yahoo.com address yesterday.....did you get it? If not, shoot me an email at tdrake@intrex.net.

Tommy
Hueso

Post by Hueso »

Dug and Liz:

My family wants to thank you for your visit and for entrusting your friendship as you did. Niurka, Laura, Lina, David Emilio and I had a great time with you despite the downpour. It was great having you two down here and like we told you, if you visit the island again and do not call us, don’t bother to call us again! LOL. In addition, it is incredible how can you summarize 12 hours of a day in a couple of paragraphs. Where you an English teacher? See you soon.

Also, I would like to thank Capt. Pat for creating this site which has served to broaden our once limited friendship horizons. In all reality, he is “The man”.