4th Annual Black & Green Tournament results Cabo San Luc

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

4th Annual Black & Green Tournament results Cabo San Luc

Post by MarkS »

Well guys it was a grin of the very first order! I spent the first day prefishing the tourney with my great friend Dan and John Cranston. We were aboard a 32' Blackfin by the name of DreamWeaver with a crew that was absolutely awesome. We ran up the Pacific side to Los Cerritos where the Dreamweaver had been the days previous and put up some strong numbers.

We brought 10 billfish to boat 2 sails and 8 stripers. This is the same boat that made $120,000 in the Bisbee East Cape tourney and $411,000 in the Bisbee Black & Blue! What an awesome Captain and Mate. Hiram (Ramon) Montano is a wizard at the weighted Hoo down the shotgun as all 10 billfish were run over with that center rig long down the middle. Mate Fernando is a top notch wire man and is a grin to be around both of them speak excellent english and play along as we torment each other while sweating out fish.

John Cranston was an absolute pleasure to spend a day with, a class act all the way. If it wasn't for the constant, "take a picture of me with this Marlin Mark, and take a picture of me in the chair Mark, and the constant could you get me a beer Mark, I would have even known he was there.
The prick is 2% body fat and tan like a bronze Adonis........what an asshole!! We had a blast!

As far as the tournament went we ended up with an eleven boat line up and the fishing was hot! Stripeys were a plenty as were the ever constant Dorado. There were a few Wahoo caught and a number of schoolie Tuna as well. We even had one shark which was caught by the winning boat on the last day. This is of course is an all billfish catch and release tournament based on a point value.

Teams totals were as follows;

day 1 day2 final
10,000 lakes 382 447 829
Liver Transplant Team 440 245 685
Texas Tuna Tacos 275 309 584
Dropping A line 280 245 525
Team Shots 325 170 495
Baja Barrachos 323 125 448
Sharkey's Stiff Little Fin 300 125 425
Cabo Tiburon's 149 213 362
Fat Farmers 216 140 356
Team Cranston 50 294 344
Team Haness N/A N/A N/A

My team, The Liver Transplant Team was in first after day 1 but we just couldn't hold off team 10,000 lakes aboard the Dreamweaver and they pounded sand up our asses day 2 by over a hundred with all their Marlin, all their Dorado and Shark as a bonus!

Fun was had by all and we raised over $5500.00 for a number of Los Cabo childrens charities in cooperation with the Ray Tomas foundation. I was the M/C of the events and John Cranston sat in the front row and would let me get to, "Going once, going twice, and just before I would say sold he would jump up and raise the bid! He had the crowd in tears and his wife ready to skin him!!

We auctioned off resort stays, timeshare condos, spa certificates, fishing charters, dinner certificates, expensive booze bottles, cameras, I-pods, and all kinds of crazy stuff. We had support additionally from great websites like Trip Advisor, Bloody Decks, and Mexico Offshore as well as lots of local Cabo support and attendee donations.

Any of the Bertram faitful are welcome to attend next year and we would love to have you! It is nothing more than a bragging rights event but we did manage to get a few cocktails down our throats as well as some cheesy trophys to shove in someones face.

Looks like next year will again be between the Bisbee Black & Blue and the WON Tuna Jackpot which will make the dates roughly October 26th-ish 2011

It truely was great times with great fishing and awesome friends!

John and Danny, it was my luxury!!!

Till next time,
Mark
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
coolair

Post by coolair »

I was starting to wonder if cranston cheated again this year.
i wish i could have made it i have plenty of time to plan for next year
Glad yall had fun..one day i may go there and never come back
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Matt it was hard to come home this time!
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Mark,
Thanks for the kind words. It was a total blast fishing with you guys and hanging out with the Travel Advisory folks! Everywhere we went, there would be one of the group to shoot the breeze with, everyone laughing and just having a great time. Thanks for all of the work that you and your bunch put into running the tournament. It's alot of work and I want ya'll to know that we greatly appreciate it. We're already getting things in order for next year. Mark, let me know when you figur out the dates, as I'm going to try to come up with a way to fish the Tuna Jackpot also. Let me know if anyone might be interested. Thanks again for everything.
Your friend,
John.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
coolair

Post by coolair »

John check your email
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Matt,
My e mail isn't working...How bout a pm? or give me a buzz 713-906-0842.
Thanks.
#
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

John,
You need to find out what kind of voodoo hex Mark put on you Sunday that shut down our fishing Monday! Oh well at least Tuesday was better. And there’s always next year!

Mark,
We had a hell of a good time. Pretty special place to land 5 marlin in the tournament & not even make it in the running. Thanks again for the work you guys go through to put it together. We truly enjoyed being part of it. I can’t express enough how much I appreciate the effort you & the TA website crew put into this. I know your week had to be unbelievably hectic. Thanks again from Laurie, the kids, & me.

Daniel