Abuelo brand rum from Panama

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Abuelo brand rum from Panama

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Those of you who have been to Panama and TSL probably remember that 7 year old anejo rum they serve. My son in law Chuck called to tell me a local grocery store (Calandro's on Government St.) actually had it.....went today and bought the 3 bottles they had. 22 bucks a pop. Sipping it now....so it is available in the USA...if you consider Looooozeeeeana the USA.....we have term limits...one term in office and one prison term....

UV
randall

Post by randall »

after i saw they had havana club that was all i was interested in. enjoy.
TailhookTom

Post by TailhookTom »

I'm jealous - can't get any of that up here in Connecticut. Speaking of terms - I will be happy when 2moro is over and the local smear campaigns stop running. The one and only Linda McMahon of WWE fame set a record, spent 50 million of her own money trying to beat a democrat in one of the bluest states in the union == every other ad on tv for past month was hers.

I'll be happy when I see the beer ads followed by the DUI lawyers ads!

Tom
Buju

Post by Buju »

Randall,
One of my painters is a nice Cuban kid. He had his brother pick me up a bottle of the light Havana Club in Cuba and bring it back... Wow, smoothest rum I've ever had, and I've had a lot.
I don't usually drink rum straight, but it was unthinkable to have this any other way... or on rocks with just a squeeze of key lime.
Don't loose that friendship w/ Dionne...

I've had the Ron Abeulo rum a few years back UV. They ran a pretty big promo on it when they first started pitching it here in the keys... I wasn't impressed with it, but it could very well be a different grade too. I beleive they've got their "house rum" and their premiums... What I tried was around $ 14 for the 750 or liter.
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
randall

Post by randall »

buju...i only drink it straight. usually mount gay but havana club when i can get it. took D out in the canoe two days ago....you have an excellent memory. but, she's not going back to canada till christmas.

the first day in cuba we went to this out door bar and i got a drinking glass 3/4 filled with havana club for 80 cents American. its amazing we actually won a game!
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Randall .... I've seen the Abuelo in bars (not that I frequent those..haha) here in Lauderdale. If the liquor store has it, maybe I can put a bottle in the suitcase next time checking bags.
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
randall

Post by randall »

thanks but its havana club i crave....and i know how to get it.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

The regular Abuelo ia okay, but the 7 year old is fantastic...the 12 year old is new and I've not tried it....the website says there is a 'reserve' that is the top of the line. Anyway, the 7 year old is smooth as silk on the rocks.

I tried the Havana Club in Panama and did'nt like it as much as the Abuelo 7, but that's why they make more than one brand of beer?

UV
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Randall ... I'll toast you when I sip it
..... "here's to swimmin' with bow legged women" !
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
randall

Post by randall »

i'll toast you back.

UV ...in cuba we discovered an interesting thing after a lot of careful scientific investigation. we sampled copious quantities of 3,7,and 15 year old rum. the 7 year old rum tasted better straight than the 15. it took many hours experimentation to arrive at this conclusion.

like i said.....it was a miracle we won a game. of course we always showed up with a truckload of beer and rum so that helped level the playing field. come to think of it a few of the fields were far from level even if you were sober.