Another milestone

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JP Dalik

Another milestone

Post by JP Dalik »

My sons first deer with the Bow. Got the call from my brother in law saying he had some coming into one of his sports. Had a great hunt, we had 3 come in early (the wrong way) down wind, passed on the button and the big doe moved them along before my son could get a shot at the yearling doe- she knew something was up. 45 minutes later 3 more come down the trail. This time 2 yearling does and a young medium size momma. Nice and close I got to him shoot like a champ with a great pass through, this little doe was down in less than 60 yards.

Another proud dad moment. I was sitting next to him in a 2 man stand with my brother above taking video (yeah don't ask how that turned out but I've got the shot forever in my head) Had him trail it out with me and made sure he field dressed it. The whole family was there for what turned out to be quite a good skinning party for one little deer.

Think I just created another killing machine, what a great day.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Congrat JP.....looks like on happy young man.....keep up the good work! ! !

hb
hb
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

amazing every part of it but most of all tracking his own deer .sometimes very differcult if nightfall comes .
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

JP, Any deer killed with a bow is a trophy...get that close keep your nerve and make the shot..congrats to your son..a memory he will keep forever..I do a little taxidermy on the side for friends, most of the mounts have been for archers, you can see the pride no matter how big the deer. BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

You did it your boy. He will never forget. Families that hunt and fish together, stay together.
billyo

Post by billyo »

Congrats to him .
New member of the Bertram clan.

1970 31' Classic

Hull # 1092104