almost crushed

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Brewster Minton

almost crushed

Post by Brewster Minton »

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/98e_128677496 ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/98e_1286774968" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>
Carl

Post by Carl »

Wonder if they will charge for the extra work....
Pete Fallon

Post by Pete Fallon »

Brew,
Good to talk to you last night, any luck finding the number?. It might be time to get the strip-ease paint remover out for under the transom deck area.
I have recurring nightmares about lifts collapsing, had it happen to me back in the early 60's, worked in an old gas station when I was 15, delivery driver from auto parts store hit the lever with a tail pipe as he was coming thru the bay door, I jumped out of the way just in time. Another time while working for the fire dept we responded to a commerical truck garage with a real old lift drive-on style with drop down ramps, lift piston failed, no dogs on the ramps and ramp cut off the guy's right foot.
Pete
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Holy cow. My father had a station. I would never have imagined that happening. Now when I think about how many cars I stood under, I kind of look back and think how lucky we all probably were.
Kurt

Post by Kurt »

Thought it would be fake...guy stands off to the side and the hydraulic cylinder lets down and he scrambles looking scared....you tube drama. Didn't think it would fall off to the side like that for no apparent reason.
Carl

Post by Carl »

No apparent reason...maybe maybe not.

Some lifts are not rated for the higher loads of a truck. Hardware and or structural parts can be worn, broken or badly repaired reducing load carrying ability, supports can be misplaced...

Lots of reasons that don't seem apparent from a video.

Sisters old boyfriend used to work for a local dealership. One of the lifts had a problem where the Extended Ram would lean/ shift once it went up. Management decided to just use it for the smaller, lighter cars instead of having it fixed. He saw the handwriting on the wall and found another job...wasn't too long after the lift dumped a car. Now the dealership had to pay for the car and the lift...lucky nobody got hurt.