hey walter

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

randall

hey walter

Post by randall »

was that you i saw cruise by eastern plaines point about 2 o'clock? my friend mike and i got it by ourselves for two hours before a few other guys showed up. they were very respectful and friendly since we were twice as old as they were!
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Yup, that was me. A friend and I circumnavigated Gardiner's Island in hopes of perhaps running into some birds with False Albacore underneath to fly cast to. No such luck. Was a good opportunity to blow some of the carbon out of my B-20's engine though. Put-putting around 3 Mile Harbor so much was building it up. Ready for Montauk surf next week?
ianupton

Post by ianupton »

How's the little Bahia running Walter?

I'm neck deep into mine right now... can't wait to get to the stage in project when it actually looks like work is being done.

Ian.
In Memory Walter K

Been keeping up with your project on the B-25 site. You are REALLY doing a job of rebuilding it. Mine is doing it's job for me. A bit underpowered but what I could afford and what would fit ok. My dream was a D-3, but economics combined with the recession prevailed. Keep up the good work!
randall

Post by randall »

i yelled to you...i was on my friends sea ray. we were in the water for 3 and a half hours. its SO rare and exotic besides being a flat out great wave....i love it. did bounce off a rock and bang up my ankle pretty good however.

there should be hurricane waves most of the week. this is the fourth day in a row......
In Memory Walter K

I was surprised at the swells coming in as that area is usually pretty flat. There was a Sea Tow boat coming in so I cleared the area to stay out of the way. Was the Sea Ray red?
randall

Post by randall »

that was us. when you get enough east in the hurricane swells they wrap around the point and hit that corner. it was well overhead on the sets.