New guy and some pics you all might enjoy

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

RReeder

New guy and some pics you all might enjoy

Post by RReeder »

My Father has a 1970 31 FB that we have been fishing South Florida for a while now. We don't get to travel with it much since its gas and all but we fish it pretty regularly during the sailfish season. It has even caught a Blue Marlin off Miami and raised a few more trolling for them.

I am not the nuts and bolts guy on the boat my father is. I am more fishing oriented. This is a great place for info if ever I can help the old man out with finding something. Hopefully I can contribute some. We just put a new deck and fuel tank as well.

I used to work as a mate on 65' American Custom and fished the Bahamas and St Thomas on and off. I was lucky enough to the call to come down and be a 2nd mate for the Boy Scout in St Thomas. There were couple of 31's on the North Drop and i had to take a few pics of them out there. It was great to see them out there. Its usually way too rough on the drop. I thought this would be a great place to post them. If you all want the High Res for desktops or screen savers I can send them to you.

thanks,

Ross

Father's boat

Boy Scout St Thomas, USVI. These boys caught a few blues while we were out there. Never got close enough for pics of them hooked up...

Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I got to fish the Governor's Cup off the North Drop back in the late 90's and there was a B31 out there fishing in it. Terrible weather - rainy and the roughest I have been out in for 3 full days. The 31 would go out of sight in the deep waves! I was on a Hatteras 60+ footer that broached twice on the third day! I was wishing I was on the 31 at that point!!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Thanks Ross,

Never get tired of seeing those classic lines on the water.
randall

Post by randall »

thanks...stick around.
Dug

Post by Dug »

Thanks for the great pictures!!!!

Don't be a stranger!
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

great photo`s , we never get tired of viewing differant angles of our 31 on the open sea.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Carl

Post by Carl »

Thanks for sharing, love the look of these boats...

Welcome aboard!!

What motors do you have? 440's in mine. Other then some ethanol issues they have been great motors...and can't blame the ethanol on them either.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Ross,
Welcome. Yea, lots of B31's in the Vi, both U.S. and Brit.
Love the hardtop on that express.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
RReeder

Post by RReeder »

sim wrote:What motors do you have? 440's in mine. Other then some ethanol issues they have been great motors...and can't blame the ethanol on them either.
454's we really haven't has any fuel issues yet. Only problem we had was the fuel pump being mounted too high and it wouldn't pull fuel at that point. We (he mostly) just finished redoing the manafolds this weekend. Hopefully we will get out there as soon as the cold fronts push through.
Carl

Post by Carl »

With new tank, the ethanol issue should be behind you.

Once again, great pictures!!

Carl