Ahoy, Bob Lico

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JGomber

Ahoy, Bob Lico

Post by JGomber »

Hi Bob,
Considering the situation with my insurance company, I think it would be a good idea to talk to you. Please email your daytime phone to me at jgomber@aol.com.
Thanks
Jerry, Triton II
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i still have the b/w 73c in 1.50 actually i have never try to sell them.
my sell phone 516-639-9803 .you can make a nice contribution to this site and maybe capt patrick could please finish the article on "installing a fiberglass windshield cap"now that we have the filler in the front wind shield and the small wood sticks in the curve window.how do you finesh off the edge that meets the end of the alluminum frame????
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Bob,
To finish that edge you can do a few things. The easiest was using Capt. Pats window moldings for one piece flush side windows. We fastened the moldings with mechanical fasteners and epoxy to the aluminum and then faired the cowel to that. Piece of cake (Really big cake you eat a little at a time)
I've seen some guys wrap that edge while others leave it as a neat finish and caulk the seam where the aluminum window frame comes against it.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

as usual jp is on top of the situation.problem is i made the 1 piece side window flush with the alluminum frame . when i add the 1/4" of wrap around windshield glass i will have a raw edge i should have plan ahead and made them meet like yours jp.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Bob,

A possible solution is to fade the transition back a foot or so... Forgive my stick figure drawing, but you should get the idea.

First, sand a taper down the edge of the windshield cap so that 1/2 of the thickness is reduced. This scarf will project forward by about 6". Then add fairing aft to transition the cap to 0" aft. The further aft you reach to get to 0" the less noticable it'll be.

Br,

Patrick