bertram weather.

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

randall

bertram weather.

Post by randall »

my friend dalton took this shot yesterday at the place i surfed today. it was a lot smaller today. the boat dropped two surfers off and got caught inside. instead of charging in a panic he went in as far as he could so the white water was more manageable then ran out between sets....the only possible way to do it. i think i know who it is.

Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Thats crazy. He must be good or he would be dead.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

that takes big ones
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Damn, I guess you really can't fix stupid.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
randall

Post by randall »

this was shot 10 seconds later. it was who i thought it was. hope he learned a lesson and realizes how lucky he got.

Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Randall,

That little outboard served him well in that tight situation, and I bet he had to clean out his shorts afterwards. Since you know him, what kind of boat and power did he place so much trust in?
randall

Post by randall »

its a 20 or so foot CC with a single outboard but to tell the truth ive only seen the boat once about a year ago and i dont remember. ill find out . what happened was he dropped off two surfers and hung around to take pictures. a wide swinging set came in and caught him inside. being a surfer himself helped him to understand what was happening and take the right measures to avoid calamity. his older brother was on my son's little league team (16 years ago) and i've known his dad for 30 years. small town.