Mase Generator Reccomendation

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Marshall Mahoney

Mase Generator Reccomendation

Post by Marshall Mahoney »

I am looking at at buying a used, 4kw Mase generator. I'm concerned with the 3600 rpm speed. Does anyone have experience with Mase??

Thanks
jackryan

Post by jackryan »

Marshall,

I have the MASE 4kw in my 31 and it has been fine. It has a sound shield and is very quiet. I'm sure that the lower RPM generators are a bit more quiet than mine. It fits beautifully on the outboard side of the port engine. I know the guy's with the 1800 RPM units swear by them. I still have less than 100 hours on mine, so I cannot give you any good information about long term reliability.

JR
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i also have a 4kw mase on the outside of port engine . so far so good but i think the rust factor is more likely to give me a problem in the future rather then noise. i have a gas/ water seperator behind trasom panel which adds some to the quietness in operation.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Marshall Mahoney

Post by Marshall Mahoney »

Thanks guys. I called to make an offer but the unit was already sold. Looked like a clean unit too...
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

I was a dealer and sold hundereds of the small units. Even sold one to Hun's Old Hatt. Don't know what happened to it.

They generaly run very well even for high speed and air cooled. Being small they are usualy stuffed into a spot where service is a problem.

Factory backup used to be good. Last couple of sets that had issues under supposed warrantee the factory basicaly blew off the owners. I quit selling em after that and they raised their prices and were no longer very competitive.

They use Yanmar industrial engines.