Bulletproof is back in production!!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bulletproof

Bulletproof is back in production!!

Post by Bulletproof »

Hey Gang, I've been off the map for a couple years due to divorce proceedings and not knowing if I would wind up with the boat. Well I bought my ex out with a mere $25K and have brought in a partner and I think we're on the road to recovery. His name is Bill Cotton and he's quite the mechanical engineer. He's also skippered a B31 in his younger years down in the Carribean so he's a perfect match to finish this project.

Over the next couple months we'll attempt to get back in the swing of things and get re-connected here. Bill is officially going to take over the installation of the 8.1's and their final connections. He'll also take care of all the new wiring work (I removed all wires when I gutted her). I'll get back involved with all the woodworking, deck and glass work (my thing!!). We're hoping for a launch in either late 2011 or early 2012. When the time comes we'll invite all B-31's up to Marblehead for that awesome day. I'm finally going to see this project finished since its start in 2004.

Talk to ya'll soon!!

Paul
Paul Haggett
B31 Bulletproof
Marblehead, MA
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Paul, Welcome back...glad you got the 31 after the big D....hope you get to see her float soon...Im from the south shore and will be there with Bertam Juice when you launch her...christen her just right... post some progress pics when you can...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Bulletproof

Thanks Bob!

Post by Bulletproof »

Hi Bob, I'm 6 years and with this new loan to cover my ex's buyout I'm up over $175K and will stop keeping count!!! Bertram juice huh????
Paul Haggett
B31 Bulletproof
Marblehead, MA
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

A lot of us have been through that, myself included. I bought back 50% of a 36 Hatteras that I bought 100% of initially, but while married. Sadly, it didn't make the boat a 36+18=54. As i told her "I had a boat before I had a wife and I'll have one after" .... so I ran a 23 inboard Mako for a few years, but still was out there.
Roll with the tide and enjoy !!
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Ken Hudson

Post by Ken Hudson »

Paul,

Were you the one who went by Phoenix several weeks ago? I am down in the south corner of the harbor. Nice to no that we are gaining strength in M'head!

I would like to see your boat.

617-429-8694

Ken[/i]
Bulletproof

I'll call you

Post by Bulletproof »

Hi Ken,

I love what you did with your boat. I'll give you a call and we'll met at my boat which has been on land for years now. I'm right next to Chris Hood's place where yours was, behind the red barn.

Talk to you soon,

Paul
Paul Haggett
B31 Bulletproof
Marblehead, MA