Greenport 2010

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Brewster Minton

Greenport 2010

Post by Brewster Minton »

You will never meet better people than I was with this past weekend. Friends for life. All because of Capt Pat!
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

You can say that again! Brew-you outdid yourself. The food was fabulous!
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I am in total agreement Brew......always good to see and spend time with everyone

My thanks to everyone who made it possible.........

Harry
hb
Dug

Post by Dug »

Thank you to all who spent time this year organizing and working to make this gathering a success. It was a lot of fun, a great venue, and above all, it was just spectacular to see everyone. Liz and I had a leisurely ride home, unloaded the boat, I washed her (the boat that is!) down (she needed it badly!) and then went back to the house to take showers and sleep for a couple hours!

Perfect. It was great, and thank you all for making this so much fun.

Patrick, it was terrific to see you again. I appreciate your friendship, and your having started this way back in November of 1999. Amazing that I have known you for 10.5 years... Remember meeting you at the 2000 Miami Boat Show, and I think you introduced me to Bruce at the same show. Thank you sir, and thank you again!

Hope everyone has a great week and safe travels!

Dug
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i just wanted to mention in addition to great weather the marina and facilities was by far the best of any past gatherings ,along with brewster`s dinner and charlie organization every thing went smooth.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
John F.

Post by John F. »

My Dad and I had a great time. It was great to see folks. I would've liked to have stayed longer and met everyone--maybe next time. Thanks Brewster and Charlie.

John F.
randall

Post by randall »

even though i was only there for three hours it was pretty obvious that this was a good one and everyone was enjoying it. old friends and new friends....what could be better?
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Looks like a great time was had by all.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Back at my dirt this morning...

Absolutely a great rendezvous and great selection of locations.

My sincere thanks to all who came, I totally enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones.

Special thanks to Charlie Johnson, Brewster, and Tom Hart for their hard work making this very successful event a reality. And a big thanks for the economic support.

Heart felt thanks to Mike, Harv, Randy, Walt and Denaz, John and Pam, and Dan for their kindness in shuttling me around and putting me up for the weekend.

AND, John M, (whaler) for arranging & providing my air travel.

Best regards to all!

Patrick
Last edited by CaptPatrick on Aug 10th, '10, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Patrick,

You are quite welcome with an open invitation anytime,
but it is me that should be thanking you!!

To everyone else, it was great to see all of you again. I'm sorry I had to miss last year because of recooperation from surgery, but this weekend made me feel like I didn't miss a beat. Already counting the days till the next gathering.
Harv
randall

Post by randall »

patrick....you might have thought we left early.......but when i got back to southampton there was an unending line of traffic going west from there all the way east to east hampton. yikes!. hope you had a good flight...caren found denaz's sandwiches this morning.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Thanks Randy, not a hitch going back. Mike got me to JFK at about a quarter to nine, had a butt out front, got the seat request, and was through TSA by 09:20.

Thought about the sandwiches as I boarded the plane.... Denaz was trying to look out for me, but I'm too much of a knuckle head for her efforts to be affective.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I won't tell Dinaz or next time she'll tape them to you. It was great to have you over. Given where we live and the length of the trip, better to err on the early side. Glad you got the flight and weren't bumped.
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

It was one for the record books... Absolutley a great time.. Thanks for everything and for being such great friends...
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

yes a great time but i really became a little nervous with 12 people on board for a joyride . i made the announment but i don`t think the people in the cockpit knew we we going to turn so sharply. they were in luck with dug and harry at the wheel both conservative drivers.i would have put her over on the reverse chine at wot.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

John is in Freeport, but I read him this post.

He and I want everyone to know we had a fantastic time and appreciate everyone that was there. We would like to give special thanks to Charlie, Brewster, Tom and anyone else involved in organizing this event; it was a complete blast.

And of course thanks to Ed and Lois Curry - they were great host and went out of their way to accomodate us and we really appreciate the hospitality.

Meet a lot of folks and made a bunch of new friends. The facility was fantastic and we are definetly looking forward to doing it again.

We were honored to have Captain Patrick stay with us for a couple of days even though we cornered him and pumped him for as much information as possible.

Harv, thanks for the ride in the land yacht; it was heaven on wheels.

Danny thanks for looking out for me, you are a great friend and I really much appreciate you. Thanks for beingmy friend.

It was great meeting everyone and looking forward to seeing you again.

John & Pam
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Like to give a big thank you to Charlie, Brew and Tom...GREAT JOB guys.. loved Greenport, perfect place for the 31 crew...Even got some shakespeare thrown in....not by choice...rather swig bertram juice on brews boat...I enjoyed spending time with all you guys and topped it off by meeting Capt. Pat...family, friends and great boats....BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
DanielM

Post by DanielM »

I wanted to thank everyone for their hospitality to one of the folks from Texas. I had a great time meeting everyone. Tremendous job on the Rendezvous, beautiful area, excellent people, great food, & amazing boats. Well done.

John & Pam, as always, enjoyed traveling with you. Capt. Patrick, great to meet you.

Ed & Lois Curry, thank you again for your hospitality and the boat ride to and from Greenport on the Hi-Lo. Boat and Captain performed excellent, couldn’t have asked for better.

Best Regards,

DanielM
Ed Curry

Post by Ed Curry »

That was one good time.
It's always good to get a chance to thank Capt. Patrick in person for this site and to be in the company of gentlemen and women such as yourselves. I've enjoyed your posts on this board for quite a while and to spend time on the dock shooting the breeze was a treat for me.
Bravo to Charlie and Tom, you guys made organizing the event look effortless. Brewster, the dinner was terrific and the Patron hit the spot.
Pam, John and Dan It was my pleasure to host you. You are truly some of the finest people I've met. Your welcome in my home anytime. I can't believe you guys put up with me for close to a week!
Thanks again Patrick, you are gifted and generous man.
Don't lend a hand to raise a flag aboard a ship of fools!
neil

Post by neil »

we just got home today from ten days of bertram fun, the last thirty miles was truely bertram weather ,great time and lots of fun people thanks again to capt pat and everyone else
gplume

Post by gplume »

I was not far behind Neal.....just retuning home Sunday. Thanks Charlie Brew and Tom for all of your work, I know first hand how much time it takes to pulloff an event...It was a great time and an excellant venue. Good to see everyone...and meet some new folks also. looking forward to the next event.....

Yup,,,and the Patron did its job also.....

Giff
Giff