Important information

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Important information

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I like my eggs over easy but the damn things keep slipping off the spatula when I flip 'em....been trying to find a "non-skid" spatula but the fat girls in the kitchen places look at me like I'm nuts.....so I took an old plastic spatula and roughed it up with some 36 grit sandpaper......and, VOLA! .....a spatula you can now flip greasy eggs with wild abandon.

Thought you guys needed to know.

UV, the easily entertained
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

UV, the easily entertained
You need a hobby! Does Miss Elaine know you have this much time on your hands?
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
In Memory of Vicroy

Shoot Mikey, I've already hit the flower beds with Mackrel-Grow, weed-eated a bunch, stepped in fire ants, put the garbage out, cleaned up the kitchen, watered the garden (our tomatoes ain't done squat this year), watered the knock-out roses too (don't like the La. heat too much, another story of how I fixed that), and on and on. Now that I'm well again, I'm like a human dynamo...and going to TSL three weeks from Friday, you had any luck finding some second place contenders?

UV
Carl

Post by Carl »

I like mine over easy too, but I like to flip' em over with a flick of the wrist.

18 out of 20 are perfect...one will break the yoke and then there is that last one that doesn't always make it back in the pan...cause well if you can flip it easy...I get to wondering... I try to see what I'll get with more flick and then two eggs...Carl is easily amused as well, but cannot leave well enough alone.

Ever tell you guys about trying to make hard-boiled eggs in the microwave...without pricking the yoke first....It can be done...but if you rush it...one hell of a cleanup...ask me how I know. Till you get it figured out...put'em in a Zip lock...then again it's not a bad idea even after you get it figured out...getting the yoke out of the little vent holes is a royal pain...cause even though you know you can do it, the egg doesn't always seem to know that. I should mention it's much better to just boil'em in water...but that's too easy.

So UV you made a Sticky-non-Stick-Spatula...interesting...ever try the silicone ones?...I hate em...too thick for me, but it may work for you.
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

UV,
Thanks for posting that. That problem has been keeping me up late for years now.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
Raybo Marine NY

Post by Raybo Marine NY »

you had better patent that idea real quick, very unwise of you to post such a idea publicly before securing patent protection
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Sham Wow Vince lurks here and is already filming his next infomercial with your spatula as his star product....
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I'm sitting here just visualizing this whole thing and trying my damndest to come up with something smart ass to say.....no luck.....

Vic....you are quite some entertainer! ! ! !

In your spare time will you try to find a device that will keep my pancakes from falling thru the grill.....

I'm still laughing

hb
hb
Bertramp

Re: Important information

Post by Bertramp »

[quote="Vicroy"] "but the fat girls in the kitchen places"
..... If you refer to them like that in person, the spatula won't be the only thing roughed up !!
:-D
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
scot

Post by scot »

Thanks UV,

For years I have struggled with that issue :)
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

UV could have saved you a lot of work. Why flip them, just put a cover over the pan.

Besides I like my yokes running.
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

And you notice... Not one mention of Corrosion X!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Maybe that's the problem. It wasn't the spatula. It was the corrosion X he sprayed on the spatula that makes the eggs slide off.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Tony Meola wrote:Maybe that's the problem. It wasn't the spatula. It was the corrosion X he sprayed on the spatula that makes the eggs slide off.

LOL
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Got to agree with Tony, just baste them with a lid. Never a broken yoke, always done just right, still good and dippy for the toast! No gettin smacked around by fat girls for asking sassy questions, lifes good.

Wasn't it you Vic that said this place is a vault of knowledge, always ask the faithful here first?

:) -M
72 Bertram 25 FBC "Razorsharp" Hull #254-1849
Things of quality have no fear of time.

Bondage to spiritual faith faith to great courage courage to liberty liberty to abundance abundance to complacency to apathy to dependence to bondage
Raybo Marine NY

my solution is to let someone else do the egg flipping
Hyena Love

Post by Hyena Love »

Eggs are to be fried in bacon grease only. Then, don't flip them. Instead, the woman should gently wand the bacon grease over the top of the eggs so the hot grease cooks the upper portion of the eggs. As a side benefit, it covers the top of the egg with bacon bits.

Then, the eggs are to be served with black coffee, bacon, home made bisquits, and a generous portion of homestyle potatos. Grits can be substituted if she is from the South and has to the skill set to properly prepare grits.
In Memory of Vicroy

Not sure how the lid deal would work since I first cook some real greasy patty sausage and get a nice skillet full of fat, then melt a big ole pat of real butter before adding a nice dollop of extra virgin olive oil....that's what I do my two eggs in......I like the yolks broken just before the flip. Flipping the skillet would make a helluva mess....maybe I'm missing the skillet flippin' technique?

I have already improved the non-skid spatula tho, now using a cross-hatch pattern with the #36 sandpaper....provides much more grip to the eggs. I'll amend the patent application to add that touch.

Yeah, the Faithful are indeed a deep source of all things important.

UV
Raybo Marine NY

I can send you a 16 grit disk if you want to see how it works

All this talk is making me hungry
Carl

Post by Carl »

Vicroy wrote:Not sure how the lid deal would work since I first cook some real greasy patty sausage and get a nice skillet full of fat, then melt a big ole pat of real butter before adding a nice dollop of extra virgin olive oil....that's what I do my two eggs in......I like the yolks broken just before the flip. Flipping the skillet would make a helluva mess....maybe I'm missing the skillet flippin' technique?

I have already improved the non-skid spatula tho, now using a cross-hatch pattern with the #36 sandpaper....provides much more grip to the eggs. I'll amend the patent application to add that touch.

Yeah, the Faithful are indeed a deep source of all things important.

UV

I think I finally got it figured out!!!

I just read UV's breakfast recipe and I'm thinking I'd be dead before I finished eating that...I'll admit it would be good eating before the Arteries clogged up and I hit the floor...

but then I think I got all this figured out...

You guys down South can eat all that Good Ol' Fat and Butter because it's so dam hot all the time and as we all know fat flows freely when its hot. Up here in the Northern States...We'd have that Fat Solidifying in no time.

So UV, while you get your Patent underway, I think I'll submit my discover to the New England Medical Journal.

Ya don't flip the skillet...just the contents.

With all that Grease and butter in the Pan Bottom...Not a good idea to flip anyway...
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Now I know why so many of our southern employees take lipitor. It's like candy to them.
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Hyene Love...

I agree with your technique 100%. But a warning to any northerners (like me) who move south.. Grits is just an excuse for eating butter and salt!

Raybo...

Not sure about the 36 grit disk.. I think it would taste terrible! Never mind what it might do to your teeth!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Eddy G

Post by Eddy G »

Ernest, I have always appreciated your wit. That was a good one.

Eddy G.
Garry

Post by Garry »

Right on Ernesto...thats the way my mom has fried up eggs as long
as I can remember and she can cook the hell out of som grits. Oh yeah, I am from L.A....lower Alabama.

Garry
coolair

Post by coolair »

ya lipator loves the south, we keep ours in pez dispensers
waffle house does the skillet flip, and ya with our soon to be tripple digit heat the lard will be floooowing
shoot UV is very health conscious usin olive oil, and all natural ingredients
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854