Bimini...dive trip

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Tommy

Bimini...dive trip

Post by Tommy »

Hey Guys,

Headed over to Bimini for a few days of diving. I know it's a small place, but let me know if you have any suggestions for both diving and dining spots. Local knowledge can be a great resource for getting away from the "over-dived" locations. We'll run over from FLL tomorrow and return on Friday........just taking a break from work. Thanks in advance!

Tommy
John Swick

Post by John Swick »

Was storm stayed there acouple of years ago.
I don't know about the diving, but you'll be there long enough to try each restaurant atleast twice and form your own opinion about the food.
Big Game Club (Alice Town Harbour) restaurant and pool were only for guests of the 'resort' then(?), but there was a decent bar there with pub fare/food open to other visitors.
One other place (can't remember the name) we had a good meal was up on a low bluff (but high ground for there) and had a great view of a beach and the ocean.
There was really not much else there...
Don't know about your accomodations, but if you have a kitchen, there was lots of fresh fish and lobster around for sale and pretty reasonably priced.
Have Fun.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Thanks John,

I figured we'd cover all the establishments in 3 days. The boat has a full galley, so we are covered there. We did the Abacos and the Exumas on the previous dive trips, and this just makes for a much shorter run from the mainland.