New Southern Boating mag.

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

New Southern Boating mag.

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

The new issue has an article by our own Capt. Mike Holmes about the Tickfaw River with the famous pix of AJ, da Judge's B25 Bad Habit, and my B20 Bahia at my camp dock. Mike didn't mention it, but at the time the 3 boats were a combined 100 years old..... Also Mike wrote a Christmas boating poem that is good.

UV
kipp

Post by kipp »

Good article and great picture by Cat. Mike. Check out Nov. Marlin mag. Richard tried to get a picture of "Targeted Species" in, but at least we got a mention in his article.
Kipp
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Latest issue of BOATING has a story about Charlie's love affair with B-31's. To even things out, some jackass wrote in the letters to the editor that he disagreed with their choice of a Bertram 31 in their "Classics" article as he thought it was a "Butt Ugly" boat. You can't fix stupid! Walter
Capt. Mike Holmes

Marlin story

Post by Capt. Mike Holmes »

Kipp, that was a great story in Marlin, even without the picture. John Brownlee has left Sportfishing and Marlin and is now editing a new magazine called "Center Console Angler" I am hoping to write a few things for him, and would love to do a profile of Targeted Species. Maybe we can get together soon. I need to head your way for some photography for Southern Boating soon, anyway.
"There is nothing quite so satisfying, as simply messing around in boats."
Capt. Mike Holmes

Picture

By the way, that picture was taken by Mikey Kennedy, and there might be another of his in the next issue of Southern Boating. He doesn't even know it yet, because I can't really be sure what they will or won't use. I'd share the tremendous wealth I realize from these photos with him, but they don't pay extra for pix!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Capt Mike,

I look forward to getting my Southern Boating so I can check out the article. Do you still have the photos that I sent you of Island Girl a couple of years back? I wish you continued success with your boating journalism.

Tommy
Capt. Mike Holmes

Tommy

Tommy, I still have them, still looking for a home for another B31 article to use them in. If and when I give up - or if you need them back sooner - I'll send them back to you.
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

For us yankee's that don't get Southern Boating, is there a way to post the picture or at least a link to the page. Would love to see it!
Mark
Capt. Mike Holmes

Pix

Mark, give me your email address, and I'll send you the picture. Also, you could email risa#southernvoating.com, tell her you'd like a copy of the last issue to read my monthly column, and she'd probably send you a comp copy.
Capt. Mike Holmes

Oops

Damn keyboard keeps moving. Should have been risa@southernboating.com. (also, my wife borrowed my glasses!).
MarkS
Location: The Frozen Tundra/EX-democratic stronghold Wisconsin

Post by MarkS »

Thanks Cap!
Check your e-mail
Mark