off topic

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Russ Pagels

off topic

Post by Russ Pagels »

Has any one used aproduct called easy water. Its a water softner that dosen't use salt.thanks Russ
www.easywater.com
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

When I hit a point last year that I couldn't tollerate the high lime content of my well water any more, I heavily researched all of the options, talked to numerous professionals, including plumbers and water treatment engineers and technicians.

Bottom line on these type of units is that they are snake oil... "Don't waste your money" I was told by almost everyone except the guys selling the snake oil.

I installed a Culligan system which loads initially with 160 lbs of salt and have found it very conservative on salt use. I haven't added any salt in close to 8 months and only about half way down in the barrel. Will probably give it a 40 lb boost soon. The water quality of my 200' well is exceptional other than being very hard. The Culligan unit cured that with flying colors and is virtually maintenance free and operates automatically, including the regeneration cycle.

Mine is the Medalist Series, was reasonably priced, good local service, and easily handles the volume of water that I use inside the house.

So, like others told me, I'll say to anyone else: Don't waste your money on the snake oil gizmos.
Russ Pagels

Post by Russ Pagels »

Thanks Capt. If it sounds to good to be true,ect. I have a Kinetico unit which I do like, but it does take up room and then theirs the salt to store. Oh well. I'll keep what I have .thanks Russl