Cockpit

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Shakey

Cockpit

Post by Shakey »

When I posted pics in the police boat thread I got a few PM's about the cockpit we Built for my boat. I don't post here very often(long time lurker) as I'm in the business and this is Capt. Pats sandbox.

Shakey

The cockpit is a custom one off piece that we built here at the yard. The long hatch frames came from Carl at Elite, along with his boxes to fit them. Carl is next store to our yard. This saved tremendous time in tooling molds for these pieces. The deck is a once piece unit that is cored with Nida Core. The center hatch was cut and glassed in after the unit was put in the boat once to make sure the fuel pick up could be removed without having to take the deck up. Attached are few photos of building it. As you can see from the photos the hole piece was built using vacumm bag construction.

Gelcoat and Skin coat layed in mold.

Vacuum bagging laminate and core in place.

Back filling the edges of the coring around hatches before laying glass on core and vacuum bagging again.

Deck set in boat.

And its offical this sedan will now be a FBC.
________
Mary Jane
Last edited by Shakey on Feb 18th, '11, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

I'm in the business and this is Capt. Pats sandbox.
Don't ever feel that you're not welcome to post your work here. This is "OUR" sandbox, not "MY" sandbox.... We learn through exchange, not by being secretive.
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Thanks Pat, this boat is one of my never ending personal projects. As the owner of a boatyard you think I know better than to take on another project. I always been a slow learner.

Shakey
________
HERBAL VAPORIZERS
Last edited by Shakey on Feb 18th, '11, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Well said Capt Pat, I consider my B-31 a group project ...all the guys here are helping me figure out how to do it right...Nice work Shakey keep posting...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
jackryan

Post by jackryan »

Shakey,

Beautiful work. After looking at the pictures, I know I will not be taking on a project like that. That's a great looking deck. Too bad you could not make a mold from it. What kind of power are you going to use? Thanks for the update and keep us posted, with pictures.

JR