CorrisionX

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bill Mckinnon

CorrisionX

Post by Bill Mckinnon »

Was curious to see if anyone has any experience with corrisionX and Fishing line. I like to use the corrisionX on my reels and was wondering if it had any effect on the line on the reels like making it fail or degrading it. Thanks for the help in advance

Capt. Bill McKinnon
Charleston SC
Buju

Post by Buju »

I think that any petro-chemical based cocktail will degrade nylon (mono) over time... I use it on my reels as well, but only when I'm breaking them down for routine maint, and changing out the line.
Probably not an issue with spectra or dyneema braids. Although, I wonder if the briaded line absorbs, and gets saturated with it. Then leaving/releasing trace amounts of CX behind on the troll, discouraging a bite.?.?

That may be the only area where ol' WD40 has a little edge. WD40 actually attracts fish, my understanding is there is a decent amount of fish oil in it?
I've known alot of guys that actually spray the crap on their lures/baits...
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
chris pague

Post by chris pague »

Capt Bill
No problem at all. Use it on almost anything and everything.
UV would say the only thing he has not used it on is to make home fried potatoes.
Chris
I have found that life can be short. Hope I am not late?
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I've used CX on my Penn Internationals for years with zero ill effect on the Trilene Big Game line. I had used the Ande' light green line for a long time but it really is only good for one big fish - it crushes easily and is then useless. The Trilene (the dark green) is like baling wire, very tough stuff. It is currently on my 80-Ws and is about 6 or 7 years old with CX all over it. I've not fished them in a few years and would change the line out before using them....but, I stripped off some a few months ago and it appears good as new. Keeping the line out of direct sunlight during storage is a must.

The only downside of CX that I've found is that it will creep under the glass of an LCD display and ruin it if the unit is not 100% sealed. The theory that CX degrades mono has not yet been demonstrated in practice. In my view the huge advantages of the stuff - zero corrosion and super lubrication - far outweighs any perceived degradation of fishing line. Line is cheap, reels ain't.

UV
Bill Mckinnon

Post by Bill Mckinnon »

Thanks guys, I knew you all would have good answers. I like using it on my Internationals and like you said they ain"t cheap. I use the Ande dark tournament green and just replaced it for this season. Good fishing to ALL