Block heaters

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Russ Pagels

Block heaters

Post by Russ Pagels »

Which is the best block heater for the Cummins 6BTA 5.9 M-I. and can a block heater be added to a genset(phasor 6.5) thanks Russ
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

KIM 750 watt with thermostat, knock out freeze plug and install in its place.. Just put a set in our. Talk to Chuck.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

The Wolverine pad heaters that Tony Athens handles work good and glue to the bottom of the Cummins pans...250 watt a side is enough. The Phasor (Kubota engine) has glow plugs and I've never had an issue with mine, so no heater....plus its in the port engine box with the Cummins and a heater....but no reason you can's use a small (100 watt?) one if you so desire. Block heaters on Cummins Bs are in my view, essential to keep them dry and comfy in the winter.

UV
Russ Pagels

Post by Russ Pagels »

Thanks guys...Russ
scot

Post by scot »

I order one for the tractor last winter from www.ytmag.com. As JP described, just knock out a freeze plug and install. They are sold by the plug hole size, so it would be easy to determine a fit on any engine. I can't recall the wattage. It is a nice little piece made in Canada with good electrical connection sealing. I'm going to put one in my boat when I get to that point. If I recall it only cost around $30 bucks. They call them "frost plugs" in the diesel tractor world.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0