Canyon underwater LED Lights

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JohnCranston

Canyon underwater LED Lights

Post by JohnCranston »

Does anyone have any experience with these. If so, how do they compare to other brands out there. Thanks for your help.

John
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

I used the perko bronze lights. They use a mrk16 bulb which you can get in any watage anywhere. You now can get that bulb online in led in blue red, green the list goes on. As led's improve you can just update the bulbs. with any other current led lights you stuck with the old tech. unless you want to replace the whole unit.
http://Www.GT-lures.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Not to muddy the waters, but LEDs some say really flash on and off. People see a constant lite from them. Some think fish see the flashing and wont come to close to the boat. I dont have them and dont know myself. I only run my lights to get squid and then turn them off while fishing because I think the fish are less line shy in the dark. I use heavy line.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i basicly fish the same as brewster after trolling and the sun starts to go down.i put every light i can on on the outside of the boat,after lite chuming the squid start to show up .then the damm dolphin i take the squid and put them in the live well and use on two rods weighted at top of leader . and one with herring,butterfish. then come 10pm i shut the lights including underwater lights (halogen) and go along with brewster .tuna are line shy for the most past and larger then 50lbs they get real smart to any type of light following the mono down the line,even with fluorocarbon leader there still is some light transmited thru the line. i some times use a green glow light at top of leader down on the thermocline for swordfish but that line is seperate with balloon on surface.possibly hanging on a lobster ball i might keep underwater lights on for baitfish attraction with targeted species mahi-mahi.my experiance is maybe 5 trips to canyon a year brewster lives there and must produce it his business he is the top gun around these parts i would pay close attention to him.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

I just know what works on my boat. Everybody should do what works for them and their boat. Lights down south might be just the thing. Even up here guys catch them up lit up like a city. Some of the lights under the boat cost stupid $$$. and so do some of the bulbs.
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Thanks guys,

What color light works best for squid? More importantly for me What color works best for flying fish?

John
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

8 sportfishing boats that go to canyon say white lights squid and green lights floating next to boat or on line say green for swordfish.use battery powered snap on lights in green for deep attraction (thermocline)
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
fishlook

Post by fishlook »

has anyone tried the Ocean LED Amphibians? looking at a pair of either A6's or A12's.

http://www.hodgesmarine.com/SearchResul ... ter+lights
kipp

Post by kipp »

Put 2 A6's and an A12 on Targeted Species outboard bracket. Lots of blue light.Draws plenty of bait. Caught our first sword using them last May. No problems so far.
kipp