Next Piece of the Puzzle...

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bob H.

Next Piece of the Puzzle...

Post by Bob H. »

Got the dry part of my exhaust in today..Like thank those who provided top shelf workmanship and helped make it possible..Tony Athens, Seaboard Marine, fabricated the exhaust tube and shower heads. Harry Babb, B&S Machine, fabricated heavy duty turbo flanges. Greg Gariepe, Custom Meal Craft, did all the finish tig work on the exhaust and redirected the discharge elbows on the heat exchangers. One step closer, making steady progress. Hope to run it down to Greenport...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

looking good bob, hope you are able to bring her to greenport
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Bob have you looked into block heaters yet?

The exhaust looks good. Air cleaner looks tight on the port side.

You'll love those Cent- tubes
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Harry Babb......

I hope you caught him on a sober day........
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

bob who did the "brain operation" that is reversing therear outlet on the heat exchanger.extremely critical point ,siver soldered or brazed? like defuzing a bomb.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

JP, Block heaters are in..an old time charter captain from pt. judith has over 8000 hours on his cummins and swears the block heaters made the difference...
The clearance on the air filter is "just" enough, like every thing else on this project..seems like space and time just disappear..
Mike...Id take Harrys work any day even after a few patrons...
Bob, Greg Garipe from custom metal craft did the brain surgery on the heat exchangers, he called down to sendure in FL, they sent him two new elbows so he could start fresh and not try to reuse what I had, they directed him to use silversolder with a tig torch and some sheilding gas,
then he pressure checked the whole deal...BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Looks awsome.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

thanks bob the key was shielding gas.if you look endwise into the exchanger the cooling tube bundle (with regular solder) is only 1/2" away and meltdown disaster will occur in a split second of to much heat. you even pressure tested it------wise man you are . i have almost identical exhaust ,definitly a exhaust scavenging effect over regular exhaust elbow after turbo, about two hp at 2500 rpm. don`t fret air cleaner k&n or tony athens unit is much smaller and another hp gain.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
coolair

Post by coolair »

loos good bob! now i want to be able to see my self in all that stainless when you are done!
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Alex.......I'll take Patron for 1000! ! ! !
hb
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Coolair, The showerheads will be the only shiny SS on this boat...I need to get it in the water...4 years Im having boat withdrawals..besides the rest of my engine beds and mounts are SS and they're not shiny either...
Alex , what is Bertram Juice........
coolair

Post by coolair »

BOB!!! your killing me! oh well shinny or not stainless is cool :)
Thanks
Matt
Hull #315 - 854