new to the board...2 year rebuild

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

grouperdude

new to the board...2 year rebuild

Post by grouperdude »

Its been 2 years. I cant post pics on here so ill post a link. http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=62469
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Welcome aboard. Twin 400 hp Cummins wih twin turbos? What's the model #?

UV
grouperdude

Post by grouperdude »

Vicroy wrote:Welcome aboard. Twin 400 hp Cummins wih twin turbos? What's the model #?

UV
there the 350s actually we modified them a bit with the second turbos on there.
grouperdude

Post by grouperdude »

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
grouperdude

Post by grouperdude »

In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

I'd be interested in seeing a pix of how you added a second turbo. What's the CPL of the engines?

UV
jackryan

Post by jackryan »

Grouperdude,

Outstanding job. Where did you get your chrome bertram logo? I also like your half tower/hard top set up with the bench seat behind it. Do you have mechanical drawings of the half tower, or the name of the builder?

JR
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Beautiful work.

Be careful with all that horsepower. Much more than 34 knots can be dangerous.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
scot

Post by scot »

Very nice boat, and now your on the CORRECT discussion board! No need to explain "what type boat" that is here.

She is really pretty and I bet the the low speed hull response with that engine/prop combination is impressive, not to mention cruise and on-the-pin.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Like it.. especially the rumble seat.makes it seem like a way bigger boat.. I got one too..
I got the 330 Cummins.. get 30k on the pins.. what do you get?
I dont know what Id do with 70 more hp!
Wayne
John F.

Post by John F. »

Great job. Lots of great custom touches.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

ironman you don`t need 70hp the 1st trick is to get all of the 330hp to the props and secondly the trick is " overlay props" tech. unless the fuel is free you have to consider any speed after 34 knots is very expensive.like mike says the boat is not coftable over 34knots my boat at that speed starts to launch every tenth wave or so in calm water. i have every single trick in the world keeping her bow proud but she still "leaves " the water at high speeds .i wound not exactly leave china on the table at 34 knots.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
grouperdude

Post by grouperdude »

Thanks everyone I knew this would be a place that would like to see what we've done. As you can see by the first picture, my father and I completely gutted the boat down to the hull. Taking the bridge off and everything. reinforced the stringers where the motors would be mounted and built up from there. The boat gained some weight from all the glass,reinforcement and extras put on to her(wet weight is 13,000). We put over sized rudders,props,struts and shafts on. Theres air conditioning in the front, a bait freezer, ice maker for both fish boxes, generator, anything you can imagine the boat has. The top is custom fiberglass with 3 spreader lights,2 over the stern 1 over the bow, speakers and color changing lights. The engine covers flip back like in the picture and the steps between the motor fold up to fit between the two covers giving us maximum access to the motors.

The cruise on it is 32kts at 15gph and 2,000rpm tops out at roughly 41kts at 3,300rpm.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

ice maker for each kill box-----fantastic idea and real practical . did you go with salt water ice maker that feeds ice into box like corkscrew??
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

UV,
Those are QSB's and on the other site link I see no indication of "twin turbos" in the picture of the exhaust outlet that can be enlarged.

The kid may be seeing both intake and exhaust housings of the turbo and mistaking them for twins.
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

I see on spearbaord you are from jupiter---is that where the boat is docked?

Where was the work done? Looks great-another one saved.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Wow...really like the custom glass work.

Sharp, real sharp!

How are you getting all the required air into the engine compartment? I can only see the two side scoops...

Carl
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Reel nice......................
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E
grouperdude

Post by grouperdude »

I dont know much about the motors to be honest. There is more intake under the steps.

Yes its a ice-sea maker. Theres the option for ice to be put in both at the same time or just either one of the boxes.

The boat is on jupiter island now just north of Alan Jacksons house. The boat was taken all over the place. We finished the work at A&J boat works.