Three questions

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Russ Pagels

Three questions

Post by Russ Pagels »

1)are 2,500 hours a lot for a cummins 315 engine? I have no mfg date or install date at this time. 2) has any one have info on Tolchester marine in Maryland they did the install. 3) any input on Brightwater yacht brokers in Point Plesent Beach NJ. thanks for your help, still looking at diesel boats, Russ
dougl33

Post by dougl33 »

It all depends on the kind of maintenance they've received and how the original boat was propped. If properly cared for they should go another 2500 hours easily.
Regards,

Doug L.
John F.

Post by John F. »

I don't have any experience with Tolchester, but they seem to have a good local rep. Regardless, the install is what it is. I've seen 'em nice and clean like Bruce's, to installs that looked like they just unbolted the 454s and put in Cummins.
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

2500 is nothing if maintained properly.....never did bus. with tolchester but heard great things. If you sea trial the boat make sure it turns at least 2950 wot if doesn't it isn't propped right and walk away. That motor is great except when over propped. Boat diesel has tons of info on that motor. Well worth the sign up fee.
http://Www.GT-lures.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Russ Pagels

Post by Russ Pagels »

thanks guys for the in put,now if I could get the guy at Brightwaters marine in NJ, to answer my question may be I could get some where,again thanks....Russ