Lewes Launching Ramp

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

John F.

Lewes Launching Ramp

Post by John F. »

We're tired of catching CB dinks, and are thinking of trailering my friend's boat from Kent Island to fish the Cape May rips. Anybody know of a launching ramp by Lewes, or some other place close by?

Thanks-

John F.
Vince Luciani

Lewes Boat Ramp

Post by Vince Luciani »

John,

There is a nice boat ramp run by the State located in the center of Lewes right on the canal. Its only about 5 minute run to Roosevelt Inlet. However, during striper season it gets extremely busy, especially on a nice day. Its definately where you would want to launch from.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

John- Make sure to check out launching ramp requirements, especially town ramps. Some have fees which are fine as long as theres a place that's open to to pay them when you want to launch. The ones to worry about are the ramps that require a resident sticker on your car. East Hampton's rules at the Montauk ramp is "residents only" and give tickets to the cars/trailers left there while you're out. When it happened to me many years ago, I stopped trailering and put it into a marina for my vacation week. Parked the boat and trailer at the marina to avoid the tickets. Walter
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

I used to launch from Misipillion Inlet DE. They had a huge multi-ramp area with lots of parking. Depending on the boat that may be too far to the rips. I used to do it though.
Looks like my boat is back together. As soon as I am sure (couple more short runs); than we go striper fishing. Next week I have business; but the weekend could be good. The next week is Thanksgiving. We have always done good that weekend. My best day was Dec 10, 2002. The guys stopped counting after the 75th keeper striper. All on the troll. If you want to make the drive to central NJ we can look for a good day. You can sleep in the house or on the boat the night before.
John F.

Post by John F. »

Vince/Charlie/Walter-

Thanks for the replies.

Charlie, I hope to take you up on your offer. Thanksgiving weekend is always bad for me--too much family stuff. I'll actually be up by the NY faithful, in Mattituck.

Thanks again.

John F.
randall

Post by randall »

john...call me when you're here...not far at all...631 324 5618
John F.

Post by John F. »

Thanks Randall. I will.