keeping your sanity!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

keeping your sanity!

Post by bob lico »

robbie i built up a mock up up of the sinle lever controlls base on the new fly by wire but wife wanted kitchen completed and thats what put me in carpentry mode.kitchen is complete .installed cabinets with lazer.and not one screw showing anywhere on ,in cabinets. mitering and matching cabinets with 8" crown molding gave me the patients to work on bertram interior.

capt.bob lico
bero13010473
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

here is the opposite side.i will use the covered refrigerator in the boat.i took apart norcold refrig. in galley and will make door of teak.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Bob-Wow! Absolutely breathtaking work!
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Hot Damn that looks good!
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

thank you brothers i should have noted a close up would show cabinet are made to look a hundred years old they are destressed and nicked to look the part so i had to exact match that huge crown molding. mitered,pin striped,destressed and spray laquer to match.the ceiling step up contains a/c vents, stereo speakers ,totally disguise .did i mention all i did was was build the entire kitchen under the whip ---yes dear!;wife is a interior decorator thus the future of the bertram interior is bleak!!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I'm sure the boat interior will look great too, knowing your attention to detail. Removable curtains for pressure washing fish guts off?
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

rocky this kitchen will keep her happy for a year or so .i built her a baking center on the opposite side of the center island with psh button operation for the blender to come out of cabinet .she makes pastries and bread right on granite .the granite is suppose to hell with the dough,what do i know $%#&^# about baking and cooking.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Bob,
Closing in on the finishing touches on the same project for my Bride. Lots of work but well worth the effort. When the floor goes in I'll post pix.
After doing this for over forty years I know the good stuff when I see it. I see it in your fabulous kitchen. Know your Bride must be thrilled.
NOW, back to the Bertram!
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Holy Cow Bob. You missed your calling. Really nice. Building cabinets requires some pretty nice woodworking equipment or a very talented person if using minimal tools.

Either way, it looks great. You should be proud.
gplume

Post by gplume »

I'm screwed if I show this to my wife.......No more Bertram work.

No wonder you can get out and play so often....

Great job!!
Giff
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

mikey i would love to see the completed project. i look at work on my own house in a differant propective . first of all i will never move due to location . sometimes i just add a little touch a a project turns out so much better . this is the view of the opposite side of kitchen from first photo.that is regular anderson windowall . i just added some molding detail and she loved it this is south and the sun comes up over the water and the kitchen is bright and sunny during morning coffee. giff a little project and then i can say " honey i going to do a halo jump today from 25,000' " ok call if your not making supper!!some day i will post her bathroom suite. thousands of hours of work.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Bob, I'm taking notes from you on the happy wife thing! Sounds like it goes a long way in the "letting you" work on the boat. Shower her with
kitchens and kindness ha? Uh oh, she's walkin into computer room gotta go.