Teak back on ANNIE C. Pics

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

amuh60

Teak back on ANNIE C. Pics

Post by amuh60 »

Thanks for the advice from my earlier post a month or so back. I decided to go with the Epifanes varnish and can say with little experience that it is great. I called the company in Maine and they were very helpful and shipped a can of varnish free of shipping. I stripped and sanded as directed then started the painting process. The worst part of the whole job was the 24 hr drying period between coats. I ended up with 10 coats on the quarter round which borders the bulkhead. I did the window frames with Interloux Jet Dry and it was ok. Only ended up with 3 coats of the interloux and then topped it with a coat of the Epifanes. I am going to put a few more coats of Epifanes on the window frames and door frame. Might not be the best job but if you look at the before pictures from the earlier post it is one hell of a improvement for the ANNIE C.
Sanded
Second coat of varnish
6 Coat
Before
After
John F.

Post by John F. »

Varnish looks great. You need a new life ring though. Its pretty cool to see Banshee/Annie C. in a new home so far away.
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Looks nice,

Shame its a Hattyaaaasssss.

Hey Thudds not around gotta pick on somebody's Hat.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
White Bear

Post by White Bear »

Varnish looks great - real treasure is the wood yardstick. I haven't seen a new one of those offered in our area for years.
randall

Post by randall »

yeah...i saw that too.

nice work...looks great!!
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

I didnt even notice the yard stick in the picture when I posted. That is my Dads company and I cant wait to tell him the comment about the yard stick. He has been giving those to customers for probably 30+ years and very proud of them. Hell you cant go see one of his customers without them asking "where is my yard stick"!

-Andy
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

John-

I know I will never forget bringing the Banshee from Virginia around the tip to Alabama. I still need to give you a call and learn some more history on the boat.

-Andy
Buju

Post by Buju »

Great job Andy... She's looking real good.
I should've explained myself better before on the Epifanes... The product to use to quickly do several coats is Epifanes Rapidcoat. You can recoat it every 3 to 4 hours, no sanding req. between coats.
Then once you get your 5 or 6 base coats, topcoat it with 1 or 2 coats of Epifanes Wood Finish... which is probably what you used for the whole shebang. Nothing wrong with it by any means, just a much slower process.

What about them drawers and door on your prep station? Didn't need refinishing?
I don't know what the world may want,
But a good stiff drink it surely dont,
Think I'll go and fix myself...a tall one.
John F.

Post by John F. »

Andy-

Anytime. I may only be able to add a little. I drove out to OC and looked at her when JW first put her up for sale a few years ago.

John
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Buju-

I am definitely going to get a can of the rapid clear for later jobs. Thanks for your earlier advice it helped me to complete mission.

-Andy
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

And yes I am going to get the ladder and drawers next. The drawers are in pretty good shape.