Northeast Rendevous 2010

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

neil

Post by neil »

tom the more help we get the better the party,your job is to talk capt patrick in to attending.we will be there
tjhartsr

capt patrick

Post by tjhartsr »

well you heard um capt patrick,we'll pick u up and there a great hotel that overlooks your fleet,I will even provide for your first night.tom
neil

Post by neil »

i got the first hundred bucks for his plane ticket
randall

Post by randall »

as always he's welcome to stay at my house...bruce too. its about the same run as montauk.........so ill commute.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

randall you and 5 -31 bertrams could dock at the shelter island house actually the canal on west brander parkway . we would have to be creative like bow to stern along the bulkhead . 5' deep and very little movement but no facillities other then a garden hose for water.property is 350' long right on brander parkway owned by my son`s mother in law and they have no boat.this is the south side of shelter island .
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

well looks like we have somthing to go on here , just got off the phone with ed and ill call tom tommorro . if greenport shows enough interest ill start another thread for a list of boats interested, if someone else has a idea of some other location please chime in.
randall

Post by randall »

thanks bob. that might work for a day but thats not to far from where the boat lives. i.ll probably run to greenport for a day and drive the other days.
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Pat, I will get you a buddy pass to fly here and a return flight home....
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Thanks for the support, Guys... I look forward to next year as being more socially open. Planning on being there at this point.

Br,

Patrick
randall

Post by randall »

great!!....
gplume

Post by gplume »

Not sure who the point person is....

Doug and I ran last years event, and i have all of the contact info for who attended last year, sponser info.....ect. Just let me know who is in charge and i can send everything to them. Walter did the same for me, and it was a HUGE help. Walter was also a good advisor, so I feel the least i can do is to do the same for this years chairman. I would also be glad to share my experience on what worked and what did not, as well as advice of the set up. PJ marina gave us a discount if we guarenteed 10 boats or more, you may want to approach your marina with the discount for volume request.

I was flat out of gas by the time we got to the dinner last year and could not deal with collecting $$ ect anymore and keeping the accounting straight and therefore did the raffle as part of the dinner cost loosing out on that fundraising potential..... that said, a well run raffle can most certainly cover plane tickets for some "special guests".
Giff
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Spoke to Capt. Pat this afternoon... I definitely have the airfare covered...
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

just got off the phone with tom hart, hes going to due some leg work. and after the holidays tom, ed,brewster if avalible and myself will get together and start tighting this event up. and start getting a head and boat count. have a happy holiday and new year to all.
charlie
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Charlie-As Giff stated earlier, I'll be glad to be of help. Merry Christmas! Walter
randall

Post by randall »

hey walter....that was me that honked at you the other day at the end of spring close by the bank...i was in my rental (automatic) kia. i can help too....not workin much.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

the more the merrier thanks, ill keep you posted
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Put me down for a case of CX and a bunch of CX hats for give-aways I probably can't make it, taking my son and son in law to TSL mid August to celebrate not dying this year.

UV
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

uv
as always you the man, thanks, it would be great to see you guys again, if you can make it up here as you did years ago in montauk, ill send you a shipping address, anyone else thats thinking of coming start throwing the hooks out for raffle prizes
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Let us know the dates and where to find a hotel after things are firmed up.
Need airport info also.
Much thanks.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

john
i will try and have all that info sometime after the holidays, hope you can make it
In Memory Walter K

Charlie- I will give you my list of who did and who didn't respond. If this materializes, I will make up the Rendezvous stationery so the letters you send out will look "official". It does make a difference. For starters, I donate six of my cookbooks. Walter
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

thank you walter, it will materialize we just need dates, i still have you cell #ill call you for the stationary or if you like you can join in on the meeting at a later date
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Wish I had more time.. Work keeps me on a leash... If theres anything that I can do to help, let me know...
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Greenport is like just down the street. But that and Shelter Is. --- where is Shelter Is anyway? Does the Shinnecock Canal come into play? How much clearance is there under the rr bridge? Which way does the tide run on August 6th, 2010 @1300hours. Will the Shinecock Indians have a toll tax (they may own it by then)? Will the same Indians be the owner/operators of Brewster's sea side restaurant?

These questions should be answered before anybody commits.
A/K/A El Gaupo
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

john or capt.patrick would be using southwest airlines directly into islip airport .about 11/2hour ride to greenport by car .
dick if you have outriggers you will have to drop them to clear railroad bridge on south side of canal . i have a 19' antenna so i have to drop that as well.out the canal into peconic deep water beautiful sight seeing and wot. to greenport.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

The railroad bridge is 19' . Anyone who wants a chart sent to them with Nav aids for the inlet and bay to locks I will get one to you. I dont fit under and will have to go around the lighthouse.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

brewster is that because of the greenstick height . i assume you get break that down to easily.i put a U mount on the radar arch to hole that huge antenna then i put a U cap over with one thumb screw .comes apart easily but someone has to hold the antenna from the cockpit while i go under bridge then put it back up.the rupp riggers are easy just press a button and they slide back up .they are a very good option from rupp.next year i will be a captain on a 51' bertram with tuna tower and that will be a hold new experiance getting that out of the great south bay i am pretty shore that doesn`t even clear the causeway bridge ! i drove the 45' cabo under it but this is real high. i have to take the owner to the canyon every few weeks.this should be a busy summer . i will be calling you for bad weather days.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Kurt

Post by Kurt »

If you could, keep the details posted. If able I'd like to try and get in on the festivities if time and funds allow. Seem to be around NY once a month or so at this point.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

tom hart called me and hes been putting some #s together, will meet in a few weeks to go over the pros and cons and should have a answer of dates and marina in greenport
White Bear

Post by White Bear »

Charlie, Tom, et al.: We should probably meet in G'port some time early next year to eyeball the facilities and make sure everything is covered.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

ed
thats exactly what we had planned, happy new year to all
Rumrunner

I am in for Newport. I WILL BE THERE THIS YEAR FOR SURE.

Post by Rumrunner »

I think Newport is a great Idea. my whole crew loves Newport and it is a good jumping of spot. I would be happy to help this year to make up for Not bringing the Big Boy last Year. Dug did do a great job with Newport.

Capt Tom
Capt Tom
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

i thought the majority was for greenport this year, if its some other location please let tom, ed ,brewster, and myself know where we stand, since we have started the leg work for this event already.
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Im in for greenport... Need any help let me know!
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

will do, thanks john, but lets see where we are going with this
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

As for airport ... I would recommend flying into ISLIP (MacArthur) airport on Southwest. The east end of Long Island is an extra hour away if you fly into Kennedy or LaGuardia. And because Islip is smaller, it tends to have fewer delays. You will need a ride or a car rental from ISLIP.
Other side is ... if you fly into Kennedy, you can take the air-train and get the Long Island Railroad all the way to Greenport and never need a car.

for you out of towners ..... ISLIP is pronounced ( ice - lip )
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Harry Woods

Post by Harry Woods »

I am also nearby. Happy to help.
Harry
In Memory Walter K

Last time he had to fly in to JFK. Randall picked him up and took him home (where he stayed). I drove him back. If I am not mistaken, Randall and his wife have offered the same hospitality for this event. If he will actually stay in Greenport, that's another story.
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

Again I have the airfare taken care of... Deltas major hubs are either J f k or laguardia.. I work right near laguardia so pickup from there will not be a problem if he needs a lift..
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
White Bear

Post by White Bear »

The Long Island Rail Road offers all of two trains per day to Greenport, one arriving around 1100 hours and the other approximately 2000 hours. I would not suggest the LIRR as a viable means of transportation from Islip-McArthur to Greenport unless one enjoys unexplained delays, urine soaked rest rooms and other social treats such as found in the New York City subways during the '70s and '80s.
randall

Post by randall »

if its patrick we're talking about ill pick him up and im sure there is someone to pick up anyone who comes. public transport is not needed.
Ken Hudson

Post by Ken Hudson »

This will be my first rendezvous. I hope it will be scheduled for any weekend other than the weekend of July 31/August 1.

I am looking forward to it.
Rumrunner

Rumrunner is in for greenport

Post by Rumrunner »

We are ok for Greenport. Any problems with size and 40 foot tower?

Tom
Capt Tom
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

brother ward one of the tall ships for 1976 celabration docked there 212' with 80' mast . that bark took something like a 20' some odd draft.still can`t belive it came to the mouth of the harbor under sail perhaps showing off but still a feat like the huge tall ship from norway that went all the way to the dock under sail to show the world who`s boss.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
randall

Post by randall »

when the "Eagle" was there i ran under the transom overhang. anything short of an ocean liner can navigate in there.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

as a kid i remmeber jackie onases yacht coming in,like a mini oceanliner, and if memory serves me i think the life boats were 31 bertrams on both sides.
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Tom, that tower will not fit under the railroad bridge. You will have to go around.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

tom coming from NJ you will go around montauk and pick up shagwong reef bell buoy then northeast to gong buoy g "1" on north side of gardiners island from that point to greenport deep water very well marked with aids to navigation all the way to greenport harbor .
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

So Greenpoint is where its at?
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

looks like it, we are going to meet in the next week hopefully and go over our options, at that time we should have the marina and dates