FIBERGLASS TANKS

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

craig mac

FIBERGLASS TANKS

Post by craig mac »

just got off the phone with Alex @31 Bertram Specialties--on the west coast--he was a link on the old site--he is building tanks for a 31--depending on the size -starts at $2800---sounds like a good price---anybody know him or his work?
Bulletproof

Alex

Post by Bulletproof »

I met Alex on my trip to Cal two years ago. He seemed like a real genuine buy with his own Bertram always being improved upon. I bought my rub rails from him. He makes trailers predominantly but runs a great shop. He gave me two tee shirts too by the way.

The coolest part of my visit was to see his totally stripped B-31 hull from the gunnel down! Nothing in it at all! Wild!!

The $2,800 sounds reasonable however I got a price from Doug at Nautic for a Stainless tank for around $2,200 but stainless has gone up since I talked to him so I don't know what I'm in for. I'd like to see the specs of Alex's tank and the cost for delivery from Cal might be a handicap.

Good Luck!
Paul Haggett
B31 Bulletproof
Marblehead, MA
BCBertie

Alex Whittaker

Post by BCBertie »

Alex built the trailer for my 28 and did a beautiful job. I pulled the boat from Long Island to California and it pulled like a dream. One brake caliper had a problem and he sent me a replacement right away. Great guy.

That reminds me, I'm supposed to send him a picture of the rig. Ooops!

John
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

I got a rub rail kit from him too. Everything first class.
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
randall

Post by randall »

how come you not signing up for the band?
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

I'm waiting for Ric. If Ric doesn't play, I don't play.....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
pfm

Fibergalss tank

Post by pfm »

Had a great expirence with Alex from 31 Bertram. He is responsive and has quality tanks.