yikes!!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

randall

yikes!!

Post by randall »

this would have been a super fun day for me if i didn't have a broken wrist. all my secret snowboard shots are ridable. that fence is six feet high.

Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

randall
looks like you got a ft more then us in nassau, we are between 12'' 18''
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

just heard on the news that southhampton declared a state of emergancy.
hows the wrist doing randall
neil

Post by neil »

we got two feet the kids love it
randall

Post by randall »

jesse and i were driving up 3 mile harbor road one day and jesse goes "dad...theres someone on your boat!!" turns out it was this orthopedic surgeon who was interested in buying it. we've become friends. he actually slogged over here this morning to see how im doing. he said and the physical therapist confirms i am making good progress. still a very long road ahead however...thanks for asking.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Randall-I've got 20+ on top of my hill and can't contact my usual snowplow guy. Been trying for a couple of days. Ugh!
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I seen the snow storm footage on the news last night......You guys got hit pretty hard.....as it looks to me.

Thanks for the pics.

As I have said before, one winter I am gonna take Jo Ann somewhere during Christmas to experience a horse drawn sleigh ride. I tried to get her to consider a snowmobile. That did not work out very well.

Thanks for the pics.....I personally think the snow is beautiful.

Harry
hb
Carl

Post by Carl »

Harry Babb wrote: Thanks for the pics.....I personally think the snow is beautiful.

Harry

Yeah thats because you don't have to shovel it...

or drive thru it with people who can't, yet feel the need to try anyway.
randall

Post by randall »

jesse's out now at the end of the shop driveway trying to make a hole big enough to get the truck back in. he got stranded in montauk last night.
randall

Post by randall »

ok...wandered out there.....is this the only large object on the east end without a drop of snow on it? i should patent it.

Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Harry said:

"As I have said before, one winter I am gonna take Jo Ann somewhere during Christmas to experience a horse drawn sleigh ride. I tried to get her to consider a snowmobile. That did not work out very well. "

Harry

Good time to come and visit, I am sure one of the guys can use some help shoveling out. Randall perhaps. After that, I want you to tell us how nice snow looks. I got lucky, up here in North Jersey, we were on the west side of the storm. Only got 5 inches and I am only about 15 miles from Manhattan as the crow flies. Our southern and long island brothers got hammered.
gplume

Post by gplume »

But Randall, you'll have to include the trees with the "system".

Got similar amounts of snow here in RI...maybe more.

Spent about 5 hours digging out..(manual method)......Haven't checked the Berty yet...hopefully ok. Surf was good, but I couln't get to it.

Harry..according to the weather man you guys sent us the snow as the storm originated dowm your way....is this our Christmas present from the "gulf"
Giff
randall

Post by randall »

tony.....i love the look of snow. but only in rural settings. in the city its just a pain, but out here it can be spectacular. even the sunset this evening was amazing. red sky on white snow through the trees. the ocean and bay look pretty cool to.

giff.....surf was 3 foot overhead and straight offshore....i heard all about it...repeatedly.
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Ransall

I agree with you. I think its great until I have to go out and shoevel it. Best thing to do, is live in the country where it stays white. It is nice up here where I live too. Despite what people think, there are nice places here in NJ. It all does not look like Port Elizabeth or Bayonee.

I can take to place in South Jersey where it looks like time stopped and you can think you are in the land of Deliverence.
randall

Post by randall »

tony....a good friend had a beautiful 60 acre horse farm in western NJ and there are lots of beautiful places in the south. some mountains and beaches too. then there is elizabeth.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Giff wrote:Harry..according to the weather man you guys sent us the snow as the storm originated dowm your way....is this our Christmas present from the "gulf"
From the deeeeep south we all wish you a very merry Christmas.....MY BROTHER! ! ! !

I still think the snow is beautiful....but I truely would not want to have to deal with it.

I also think that Hurricanes are beautiful....speaking of the storm itself....I hate that they harm people and the aftermath sucks but the nature part of it is really neat.

Look at it this way....today you are one snow storm and one day closer to spring...

Keep warm

Harry
hb
Thums Up

Post by Thums Up »

Got 20" just outside Philly in NJ. I'm beat from shoveling, guess it is time to get a snow blower!

Tony, thank god I got the motors in the boat about a month ago!
http://Www.GT-lures.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Yeah, visiting and playing it would be neat for a short and makes for a beautiful Christmas landscape, but after seeing hundreds of people stranded out on the highways in it at night, that would suck in my book. I would be hoping for a full tank of gas in my truck to stay warm while I was stranded.
Something like being stranded in a hurricane because help cannot get to ya until the weather improves. Just make sure your hangen out at home by the Ole fireplace with plenty of firewood in case of power outages.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Greig

Great news about the Motors. Sounds like you are moving right along. Have a good Holiday and please give your wife our regards.
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

I got 27" of it here. Plus the drifts to 5'.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Thums Up wrote:Got 20" just outside Philly in NJ. I'm beat from shoveling, guess it is time to get a snow blower!
Been there done that.

Once you get the SnowBlower you wind up doing the neighborhood. I have an older neighbor I started clearing his snow years ago, but then they built a house in between us I feel funny about leaving, so I hit that one, just a basic sidewalk driveway thing, then the guy on the other side of me is huffing so I give him a hand, then I pack it all up and shoot over to mom's...her neighbor is real good to her, so I clear his house as well, then pack it up again and run to the shop were I have to do three properties as I need to dump my snow on their property and really can't leave a stack of snow there without doing theirs.

Before the blower, I dug myself out, made a path for the neighbor and mom and was done in three, fours hours, at work I handed the guys shovels and let them deal with it....yesturday was over 6 hours.
randall

Post by randall »

i pulled jesse's car out through 3 feet of snow all the way down the shop driveway....8 wheel drive. rental car is next. theres still 6 inches of snow on the main road to springs.
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

Largest recorded snowfall from one storm ever in South Hampton NY.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

What is a "snowblower"?

UV
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

What is a "snowblower"?
A tool that Al Gore uses to blow snow up your ass and tell you how warm it is...
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

I do miss Sag Harbor,NY .... but for right now, Lauderdale is feeling AWFULLY good !!
But I'm heading north Tuesday nite .... brrr
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
randall

Post by randall »

hell.....it'll all be gone by then.........................not!!
Raybo Marine NY

Post by Raybo Marine NY »

I think you got us beat by about 2", we got 24" but I read you guys got 26"

I think close to 10 have melted already but the side road intersections are still messy.
Harry Woods

Post by Harry Woods »

Hey Brewster,
Do you have someone with a plow in our town? I am a few hundred feet off the public road and stranded since Saturday. I am usually south for the snow. This one caught me off guard. 728-3157. Thanks.
Harry
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

We got about 22 inches in good ole Pasadena MD.

This pic is from Satruday around 2pm or so, it snowed until midnight...

Here's a shot of the deck, later on Saturday night.

I finally put some hours on the snowblower I bought 4yrs ago and have used since I bought it. I'm thankful I've got it now...

Merry Christmas!
(Now can we get on with Spring and Summer!!!)
JohnD
White Bear

Post by White Bear »

Most snow I've seen since '46 when a plowed walkway looked really impressive as the snow was much higher than I was tall. For this storm my truck was parked about 2/3 of the way along my driveway and about 400' from the road - I didn't get out until 0930 yesterday. It cerainly isn't melting around here. It hasn't been warm enough for the snow to form a crust and the snow blowing off the farm fields has kept many of our roads impassable and has caused many MVAs. Perhaps today will be easier as temperatures are forecast for the mid 30s.
Kurt

Post by Kurt »

Drove around up there a lot this week....I sure am glad your states have an idea what to do. The ice and piles of snow didn't help that construction area around White Plains on 287 though...one mean section of road.