Northeast Rendevous 2010

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

neil

Northeast Rendevous 2010

Post by neil »

we need to start thinking about 2010,all suggestions are needed lets get the ball rolling neil
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

I will do the T shirts and bring Bertram Juice.
neil

Post by neil »

brewster,jr wants to go fishing on your boat this year
Brewster Minton

Neil, any time he wants to go. And Ill carry anybody from this board anytime I am going out. No charge. Just call me and let me know you want to go and Ill tell you when Im leaving.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

oh no not the bertram juice!!!!-------------a faith worst then death.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Dug

Post by Dug »

Oh come on Bob, you loved every drop!

Including when you dropped into your v-berth for some mid-summer slumber!

Next summer you won't combine all substances, and you will be fine! Clearly you and Patron are made for each other!!!!

D :)
Brewster Minton

I felt bad. Not as bad as Bob, but I still felt bad. Or he may not have felt anything.
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

I have photo proof!
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

We'd sure like to make this one if there's room. Let us know.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
Whaler1777

Post by Whaler1777 »

It would be a pleasure to meet you John
'79 Bertram 31' Sedan
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Be nice to join the group this year.Where and when?
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I could survive another rendezvous in the NE.....We had a good time in Rhode Island....

Bob and I need to finish several conversations we started.....Brewester that Bertram juice is pretty good stuff.....go from 0 to no inhibitions at all in less than 10 seconds.....

H
hb
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

OK, we've had it in Point Judith, Montauk, Newport and Block Island with varying degrees of satisfaction from the participants. The key is not only where, but who. Any of us who have run one can attest that it's no small job but it's a satisfying job...after it's all over. If we've learned anything, it's that we don't want rafting but we do want being kept together (difficult to get when you don't know how many boats to expect at this early stage). I personally liked the ability to go sight seeing, shopping, multi-restaurant choices all within walking distance that Newport allowed. Dug ran that very successfully. That being said, I'd do my best to get anywhere the bretheren chose. Walter
Dug

Post by Dug »

I vote for Newport. I can see if they have space, but I will say that under normal circumstances one needs to make reservations with them over a year in advance. Given the economy, perhaps we might be able to be a bit more successful with such "short" notice.

That being said, I thought there were many good things about Pt. Judith. It was much better than I thought it would be, and I thought it would be pretty good.

It did lack sight seeing. That is for sure. But if you brought your dog, it was unparalleled!!!! Marly loved it!

Gif, how do you feel about a repeat of last year?
neil

Post by neil »

I spoke with Skip Helme today in New Port, he is willing to look into a possible Newport Rendevous. Also spoke to Star Island, in Montauk only problem with star island is that first Saturday in August does not work for them. Both places have there pro's and con's. All suggestions are neeeded. Neil
In Memory Walter K

Neil- Star Island says they can put 15 or so B-31's together in the summertime? They're usually full even on weekdays. I'm surprised.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

as far as sightseeing on foot or choice of restarants it would be hard to beat greenport long island ny . clauio bar/restarant would be one hell of a place to hold the 2010 event.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
randall

Post by randall »

bob lico wrote:as far as sightseeing on foot or choice of restarants it would be hard to beat greenport long island ny . clauio bar/restarant would be one hell of a place to hold the 2010 event.

anyplace but claudio's

but greenport's cool.....i went to the hatt rendezvous there last summer... (that another story)....pretty nice. plus shelter island is right across the channel.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

ok randall forget claudio`s for eats but there are so many eateries and the cost is much less then montauk. those who have children there is a park with antique merry-go-round, tall ship docked for viewing and north ferry to shelter island.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
In Memory Walter K

Any of the bretheren in the area who know of the Marinas etc?
gplume

Post by gplume »

Howdy all-

I am very open. If people want to go back to RI, I can certainly assist. Though I can say from the amount of work involved...maybe a little less gung ho then the first time...but as they say, practice makes perfect, and it may be easier the second time.

That said, some unexplored areas (for us guys from NE anyway) I thought might work is the south side of LI somwhere. Don't know the area well, but it may be good for the "Jersey team". Plus, Bob and a lot of other guys from around there I am sure know the area well,

Another idea close to where Bob is talking may be Shelter Island. Bob, perhaps you have some local knowledge. I liked Cocles (sp?) Harbor when I did a LI tour a couple of years ago.

So Brew....will the Comerant Princess make the shirt htis year? (Sorry for last year...) BTW, Neils boy isn't the only one that wants a fishing trip. I can offer some of the Patron that would be needed for atrip....but I don't know if I can keep pace with the captain.

All the best...Merry Christmas, happy holidays, & seasons greetings.
Giff
Giff
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

there is a big marina next to the north ferry landing area .actually just west of claudio`s. i chose greenport and then daytrip to shelter island because there are a hundred stores and nautical shops to visit or hang out at the bar looking at the water and "other views" for the wild bunch.leave the boat docked and walk to the ferry and visit shelter island heights 1600 guess house and a whole differant world. the pre-wind a night club and many other on shelter island about ten bucks for the ferry.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
randall

Post by randall »

the hatt rendezvous was well up the harbor past the hospital....big marina. (ill find out the name)no real need for the ferry you can just motor across the channel to shelter island. ive always docked for free.....easy trip in an inflatable also. greenport is a very cool town. if you really wanted to you could hit sag harbor as well.......
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

whatt's that ... Sag, did someone say Sag Harbor ?!?!
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

randal
thats probably townson manor by the hospital, iam in for greenport , my old stomping ground years ago
randall

Post by randall »

stirling harbor
Bob H.

Post by Bob H. »

Im in for 2010...had a great time @09...including Bertram Juice...aka Patron...lobster..Harry (tater) Babb & Joanne(snookems) Babb...Bob Lico..Whaler..Neil & Jr...Gif..Dug..Mike..and all the gang...Princess on the shirt....give me 6..BH
1966 31 Bahia Mar #316-512....8 years later..Resolute is now a reality..Builder to Boater..285 hours on the clocks..enjoying every minute..how many days till spring?
Mike Moran

post subject

Post by Mike Moran »

Im in for 2010 R.I. was great ,Brewster juice was great .shelter island sounds good ,its the people that make it . Dug are you doing the bagpipes again, not so loud this time . Mike.
Brewster Minton

Shelter Island is fine with me. NY is better for me so I can fish offshore for two days and then show up for the event. I can not land tuna in Conn, or RI. As long as we are all together I really dont care.
In Memory Walter K

I don't think Shelter Island has a facility that can handle us...or does it?
neil

Post by neil »

we would like to be close to the ocean as well,
34Hatt

Post by 34Hatt »

randall wrote:stirling harbor
Yes it was Stirling they have been very nice to us and its a real nice marina.

The town marina next to the ferry is so-so. Its as close to town as you can get but its rocky in there during the day. And lots of tourist and other hanging around.
Townsend would have a hard time fitting all of you.
I know all the place in and around Greenport so if you want answers just ask.

We chose Stirling twice now and have been happy, only down side I see is a little far for walking to town but some do it. I throw the Inflatable in the water and go across the harbor to the town dock. Stirling does have a shuttle car but I like the freedom of my own transportion. Plus you can always use Thudddd's truck since he won't be there in a boat!!!

Jesse is the dock master and is always willing to make a deal for a group!
Dan
1967 Hatteras
34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page
Harv

Post by Harv »

Even I can make Greenport, with or without a boat!!
Harv
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Port Washington is nice too. Great bass fishing, plenty of food choices.....
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
tjhartsr

Post by tjhartsr »

greenport has a new transient marina right in town which has room for a fleet.they host a trawler fest each year and put a big tent on the michell park lawn.the town is a stones throw from the marina,i live here so if you need help ,i would be glad to do some legwork
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i just wanted to add, nothing official of course there is something to be said about greenport.the last of the town`s street going east coming the the last cross street you turn into a boatyard forgotten in time dating back to the days when men were made of steel and ships were made of wood.the old rail system for launching tallships still exist . realing educational to look at (this ain`t disneyworld) this is the real deal.old nautical ships store ,a real adventure for some.like i said something for everyone day and night.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
In Memory Walter K

We need a volunteer to run it to make it a reality.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

iam working on getting something going, walter
White Bear

Post by White Bear »

Jeff Goubaud oversees Mitchell's Marina for the Village of Greenport - he is trying very hard to being it back to what it was before the disasterous Mitchell's Restaurant fire of November, 1978, which ruined the tourist economy for years to come. The Marina already has several gatherings booked for 2010, so time is of the essence if we are to consider Greenport.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

white bear
sent you a pm
tjhartsr

greenport

Post by tjhartsr »

would be glad to assist as i live here,
randall

Post by randall »

i for one would love to have it in greenport. another nice thing is its proximity to gardiners island, which is the oldest private landholding in America and fishers island which is just cool......and shelter island which is a 5 minute boat ride away. you could spend a fun day exploring gardiners bay if you've never been here.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

i have a call into the marina, ill get the particulars and then we will let the group decide.
Brewster Minton

Its fine with me. I would love to meet JP and Bob Lico and whoever in the canyon thursday morning and then all run into Greenport on Friday. If the weather lets us.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

i assume your end of the canyon ( the dip) ?
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Brewster Minton

To meet JP it might be best for use to start in the Hudson and troll to the Dip thursday night and then Friday morning work our way to the Tails and run to Greenport from there.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

ok brewster you want to travel due north of the tails to go in the shinnecock lnlet to the canal and on to greenport . sounds like a plan. other then the fact we have to babysit for the boat while in greenport loaded with penn 50/80. i would`t feel coftable going to diner or leaving the boat unattended with all that gear aboard.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
randall

Post by randall »

thats never been a problem yet. im sure we could get someone to babysit.
White Bear

Post by White Bear »

Just got off the phone with the manager of Mitchell's (Village of Greenport)Marina, Jeff Goubeaud. Aside from the 4th of July weekend and the last weekend in July (7/31-8/1), the Marina is available. Rates are $3.50/ft. for Friday and Saturday, $3.00/ft. for Sunday and $2.50/ft. for the rest of the week. If one stays three nights they get the fourth gratis and there is a 10% discount for SeaTow members. Jeff mentioned that the last weekend in July would be a Power Squadron meet when they are expecting 85 boats. He also stated that they would love to have the Bertram 31 group and that rooms are available for meeting as well as lots of space for tents, if necessary. That's the groundwork - where do we go from here? CWJ: I wanted to call you but some how deleted your message with your phone number. I'm at (516) 702-5786. Ed Boyd
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Re: 2010

Post by CaptPatrick »

tjhartsr wrote:greenport has a new transient marina right in town which has room for a fleet.they host a trawler fest each year and put a big tent on the michell park lawn.the town is a stones throw from the marina,i live here so if you need help ,i would be glad to do some legwork
Hey Gang, You've got a volunteer but I don't see anyone responding to Tom...