Burrrrrrr! ! ! ! !

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harry Babb

Burrrrrrr! ! ! ! !

Post by Harry Babb »

How bout one of you guys close that North Door up there......your letting to much of that frigid weather down here in the Deep South.....LOL

H
hb
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

Harry,
Man, you're not kiddin bot the cold! I've been wearing my snuggy for the last month now. I don't think people down here have caught on yet...they keep looking at me funny when I'm sporting it at the restaurants.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

No wonder the Yankee traffic seems heavier this year.
We've had record breaking heat in the high 80's to low 90's.
Carl

Post by Carl »

You want cold, come up here...in the teens yesterday with the wind blowing.
randall

Post by randall »

take a look a northern minnesota . dosent seem to bad here.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Thanks for the invite Carl......let me think about it.....okay, I thought about it......think I'll pass......may see ya in July or August.

20/25 years ago my daughter always asked me to take her "Up North" to play in the snow. I would reply, there AIN"T no way this redneck country boy could drive in the snow. I would show her on the news where cars would just SLIDE off of the road due to icy conditions.....that did not matter to her.

She told me that I did not have to drive in the snow......just take her up to the EDGE of the snow and she would walk over and play in it....funny how children think.

Well in 1993 we took a Christmas vacation and went to Boone North Carolina to snow ski.......keep in mind that Boone had not received any significant snow that year and only the slopes were covered with "Man made snow" from snow machines.

As we were walking across the parking lot Angie threw her arm around me and said "Dad, I have been telling you for years that you would not have to drive in the snow.......just drive to the edge of it.....I will walk the rest of the way"......every body broke out laughing......ya see, she is as big of a smart a$$ as her dad...LOL

Seriously though......one year I would like to bring Jo Ann to the north, in an area that is sure to be covered with snow, and spend a few days before Christmas......she has always wanted to go on a horse drawn sleigh ride.....

Keep warm guys.....spring is on the way

John,
You just put a Christmas gift in my mind.....a SNUGGY for Jo Ann (and another one for ME)

Bruce
I got even with the snow birds just a little bit last year.....I went to the north and drove 30 MPH down the freeway.......they were all honking and waving as I drove across the George Washington bridge at 25 MPH....I think they were waving....funny thing though......they were not holding up all of their fingers......LOL
hb
randall

Post by randall »

go to utah..........you will see snow!!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Going to Key West next week for Christmas.
Who's there?
Who will be there?
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Harry,
Your getting your wish, its going back into the 70's for the next 3-4 days with rain. Beats the heck out of freezing your arss off.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Harry,
Likewise my oldest daughter never saw snow growing up. When 12 she wanted to see snow in person and at the time my nephew was at Nova University in Lauderdale so we picked him up and took him back home to PA at Christmas time. No snow. Not even cold.

So we ventured to the higher elevation of the Poconos ski area, still no snow. Rode around till we found one resort blowing fake snow for a Bunny trail for kids. (more mud than snow)

Stopped and put her on skis for a few hours and then went back to the car and told her that snow wasn't real and like most things in life, was fake.

Never asked to see snow again and never has seen real snow.
randall

Post by randall »

too bad.....i gotta say...snow is one of my favorite things. i spent two years setting up my life so i could snowboard most of this winter.....and how did that work out?