Liberty 42 or bert 31 on Steroids

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Davidr0007

Liberty 42 or bert 31 on Steroids

Post by Davidr0007 »

I saw the most amazing boat a Liberty 42 I think it was a Bertram 31 on steroids..A remarkable feat almost perfect in everyway but 42 feet long
Th flybridge was great , because of the larger size it had a lot more conviences of the bigger boats.. This boat had all the same lines to a tee
engine boxes and all ....
DavidR
Davidr0007

liberty 42

Post by Davidr0007 »

she was at the ft lauderdale show
DavidR
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

They're pretty nice, a bunch of us ran into Mike Linus (sp?) at the South Jersey Shark Tournament this year. He use to own a B31, The Hucklebuck, but traded up to the Liberty Express a couple of years ago for more range and comfort. He piled us into his car and took us over for a closer look. He seems very happy with the Liberty, says "She runs better than she looks and she looks goood". He's a great guy to talk to and very pleased with the Liberty. Maybe he'll chime in if he still frequents the board.
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

We crawled all over the 42 FBC at FLL a couple of years ago. 800 hp Man-grenades, asking $1 million. Nice boat.

UV
RussP

Post by RussP »

Liberties are made in beautiful downtown Rivera Beach and I had the oppurtinuty to work in the factory on a Tow Boat US boat in their barn to get out of the rain.
They are beautiful boats but I don't like the rudders hanging off the transom Blackfin style. I guess if I had the money it would be on the short list.
RussP
KAHUNA 1963 Sportfish
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Liberties are what Bertram should have done for their next larger boats. All of the advantages of the 31 with more size and storage (which is our shortfal). I drool at that beautiful rip-off of our lady. Walter