iam done

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Charlie J

iam done

Post by Charlie J »

will pull the electronics , rods off the boat today, and bring her around to the marina to haul on monday, winterize her next weekend, winter project possibly pull the engine boxes and re finish them, next fall shes getting her ass blasted and barrier coated.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

charlie i can honestly say after doing the job on mine there two are some comments. after taking her down to gel-cote there was not one blister on the entire hull the entire hull was checked with a moisture meter and read 1 to 0 in twenty places .then i barrier coated it. by far the hardest part of the job is to move the boat supports 8 times . the jackstands were no big deal,you just need two sets but the cement blocks and shims along the keel had to be move 4 times .--------better get friendly with yardmen!!!!
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Dug

Post by Dug »

Charlie,

I'm done also as of today.

List of projects has yet to be determined...

D
charlie falkenstein

Post by charlie falkenstein »

ditto, i took PLAYPEN over to the yard last night very depressing, summer was way to short here in new jersey, didnt get started til july 4th then had lots of wind and rain, the worst part was not one yellowfin tuna!
cant wait for next season
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

I love Long Island .... but what you guys are saying makes me remember why I DO like Florida .....
1970 Bahia Mar - hull# 316-1003
1990 Blackfin 27 - center console
Steve "Bertramp" Kelly
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

you have to give it a rest sometimes! out of the water dec 15 and back in march 15 gives me on land time to do inside cabinetry were you want the boat close by to trial fit draws and doors before varnish. i am happy to take her out for a while.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

I came out last week. Worst summer I ever had with the boat. Didn't go anywhere, didn't do anything. Maybe I'm getting too old for this.
A/K/A El Gaupo
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Dick- The same with me. Weekend crews canceled out, Crappy blowout weekends all through October, Fluke early closure, same with Sea Bass. The most enjoyable thing this past season was the Point Judith Rendezvous. I sure hope 2010 is better for us! Walter
White Bear

Post by White Bear »

Normally I'll haul in the middle of December, but today is warm and forecasts are not so warm, so we went to the yard this morning and should be on the trailer by this afternoon.

If anyone is passing Albertson's Marine on Route 25 in Southold, there is a nice looking 31' for sale. Well finished and advertised with twin Yanmar power, but the asking price is $139K.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

white bear
my father dealt with junea alberson when he first opened back in the late 60s
Harv

Post by Harv »

You guys are light weights.
I've been done for 2 1/2 years already.
Harv
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

Harv

Hurry up and get back to 100%. It's time to jump back in and once you get the diesels in and up and running you will wonder why you waited so long.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Wish it was that easy. Seems like since the surgery, one annoying condition after another keeps popping up. Hoping next year brings a brighter outcome.
Harv
gplume

Post by gplume »

Walter-

Had to respond...thanks for the good word on Pt Judith, one of the highlights for my season also.

In spite of the weather, got out quite bit, though not much in the way of fish.

I hauled at the end of Oct...winterized pulled, wrapped inside of about 4 days...I was toast....then had to go to Thailand for work for a few weeks.

Had a few intersting moments over there...best one was near the end of the trip. I am at a factory we have done business with for about 6 years about 40 miles from Laos. The owner is abit of a hot shit....there is a tropy case in the lobby with every trophy under the sun in there from many differnt sports. I see 2 motocross trophies. I ask who's? Owner speaks up, mine...I tell him I used to race back in the day. He ask's you ride?..Then you ride my bike. ....On goes the day of meetings. At the end, we come out the front door, and sitting on a stand is a relatively new (couple years old max) YZ 250 on a stand, with helmut, warmed up and ready to go. To make a long story short.. spent about 15 minutes running laps in the front yard of this factory, ripping up sod and just twiting it till the cows come home. I got to say,,,most fun I've had doing a factoy tour in years......anyway, an "only in Thailand" story.

Hope all have a great off season (those that have an off season..as well as those that don't)....got some projects planned that I will ned some advice on.

All the best
Giff
Giff
Capt Dick Dean

Post by Capt Dick Dean »

Speaking of boats in the yard, a very sharp 31 flybridge is the yard at the end of Maple ave., Bay Shore, Long Island. It has no name but "SAER" in on the lower transome in crayon. The boat has been redone on the outside and the exhaust ports indicate gas engines. Looks very sharp!

I think this was the boat that was an awfull green a few yrs back at White Water Marine on Sunrise Hwy in Sayville.

This yard on Maple Ave gets some action. Fred Geis' boat was there getting the Piano Mans' engines, some doctor got new Yannies about the same time, the Bimini Kid stays there in the winter. That boat with the very high HP gas engines with the red stripe that had airplane type engine related work was there also. Red Boots? The widow sold the boat. Who bought those engines and then resold them for big bucks? Jimmy G.?
A/K/A El Gaupo