67 Bertram 20

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

mountainmoppie

67 Bertram 20

Post by mountainmoppie »

Hello:

Yes another thread about a 20 on a 31 board, sorry folks.

I have been lurking here for awhile, seems the only place online to find information about the older Bertrams.

I have a 67 that has a hardtop, have not seen another one like this online and was wondering if anyone had info. It sure looks to be factory, but I dont' know if they offered it that way.

Here is a link to a picture of her

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/mountainmop ... 75536058/3

This boat was bought new by the National Park Service up here and has spent her life on the waters of Yellowstone National Park. I picked it up as a project, but now that I have it home, the mrs. isnt' too happy with me.

Anyway, thanks in advance. I appreciate any info.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Looks like a factory hardtop to me. I have a 31 hardtop express. Looks like the same style top.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

Mountainmoppie...

I can't comment on your B20.. but I can on your Mrs not being very happy about having the "competition" in your back yard.. it is a very lucky man whose wife has anywhere near the affection for a boat as he has. My wife does not really understand why I bought this past spring a B33 FBC that needs work.. lots of it!

Just be patient with her, treat her as well as you can, buy her a few things that she really needs, and treat her with tenderness and respect., after all, she is a Bertram.

As far as your wife is concerned.. buddy, you are on your own!

GOOD LUCK!
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
ianupton

Post by ianupton »

I have seen a B20 Hardtop up in Canada on Georgian Bay.

They did make a hardtop version, I 'm not sure of the years nor do I have any original literature.

I hope you are careful because with as low as that hardtop is, it could prove to be pretty dangerous.

Ian.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

The fewer there are, the more valuable they can be. Perhaps Captain Patrick or Lee Dana can help you. Do one of the Fithful have Lee Dana's number they can post? Good luck with the boat...and your wife. We need to establish a new site/placement service-"Women who love boats". Walter
John Brownlee

Post by John Brownlee »

I know that boat. I worked as a fishing guide in Yellowstone in 1975 and '76 and the OPark Service had two 20s with factory hard tops, and one 25 flybridge, all with MerCruiser stern drives. Great boats, perfect for Yellowstone Lake which is the largest alpine lake in North America and gets rough as snot quite frequently.
mountainmoppie

Post by mountainmoppie »

Hey John Brownlee, small world huh!

Thanks to all of you for the information, I really appreciate it.

Looks like she is going to have to go, not only is my wife pissed, but I cant' get it into the barn.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

I don't care what anyone says, I'm not getting a third B20......

How much do you want for it?
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
Michael

Post by Michael »

Yes, that is a factory hardtop. I had one just like it, came from new that way. Don't think many were made asI think ihave only seen one other.