DQ- Question about Blue Angels?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

amuh60

DQ- Question about Blue Angels?

Post by amuh60 »

DQ-

Where would be the best place to see the show from the water? In Grande Bayou or out in the BAY? I know this show is a little different being on the base and not over the beach like the summer show.

Thanks,

Andy
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Andy,

Depending on the height of your boat?, if you could get under the bridge to the main gate of NAS in Bayou Grande and get on the west side of the bridge in Bayou Grande that would be a great spot to view the show. But in your case from the west side coming end and easy access in and out would be behind Ft. Mc Rae on the north side anchored to the east side and get up on the mound of sand and watch the show from there would be my second choice. But you would want to get there early as it might be a little crowded. Be sure to note your chart's depth's in & out.

Enter from the west inside the intercoastal side and you will see the large mound of sand on the north side behind FT. Mc Rae side close to the mouth of Pensacola Bay to the Gulf. Alot of boaters love to anchor up and raft up there over night and during the day & night, very easy to spot once there. Call me on my cell 850-525-6126 if you need anymore help on getting in there for both area's as I live right there on bayou Grande on the east side of the bridge to the main gate.

If you want you can hang out in one of the extra slips at our community dock if you want and watch the show from there which you'll see just find. If you get there by 10am Saturday I'll help you dock and your welcome to plug in to the electricity & fresh water at the dock if your interested. We normally watch the show from my back patio in which they buzz the roof tops of my house anyway. I have to be at a wedding at 2pm Saturday, but you are more than welcome to stay our dock if you want. I'm going to go fuel my boat up Saturday morning early like about 9am so if your close by in Pensacola Bay you can follow me into Bayou Grande channel and dock at our dock. Call me and let me know what your plans are and I'll help anyway I can. Now you know they fly both on Friday & Saturday at @ 2pm each day with all the other shows starting at 12pm each day.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

DQ-

Thanks, and I will give you a call.

-Andy