Tropical Storm IDA! ! !

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Harry Babb

Tropical Storm IDA! ! !

Post by Harry Babb »

Here we are a third of the way thru November and we have a tropical storm breathing right down our necks....

Although she is not very strong our little piece of paradise is gonna take a direct hit.

Right now she is sitting 50 miles due south of DeNada traveling due north at 17 MPH.

We are expecting 4 to 6 foot tidal surge and 5 to 7 inches of rain by daylight.

I personally have never seen a tropical storm or hurricane this late in the year.

Oh well......tomorrow it will be all over.....the weather for the past 2 weeks has been simply wonderful.....tonight we pay our dues to live in paradise.

Harry
hb
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Harry,

This is only the 4th time this has ever happen for the Gulf of Mexico, You can come get your buddy Jim Cantorie the hell off P'cola Beach. Take his magnet self somewhere else. P,cola sitting right on the NE side of you.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

I've always heard that if you can find out where Jim is going that's where the Weather people predict the storm to hit......bottom line is you don't want Cantorie to show up on your door step

By the way....how did Ida become my girlfriend and Cantorie become my buddy??.....LOL

H
hb
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Hey Harry hows this, IDA don't know?

Fixin to get my wetsuit on and head down to the dock and check on S/C and see how the tide surge is doing. Raining like shit over here.

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Its raining here pretty good right now and IDA guess the winds are 30/40 MPH

Vic....Its my guess that all is well in Coonass land???? Looks like only the eastern part of Louisiana is affected by IDA.

Patrick, Don't you miss all of this already???

H
hb
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

Patrick, Don't you miss all of this already???
Like a tooth ache...
JeremyD

Post by JeremyD »

We had about 2 feet above normal here - can't imagine what you guys are getting. I think the B-28 moves around more at the dock than my 24 foot sailboat did - and it had a 30 foot mast!
1977 B31 (315 Cummins) Build thread --->https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-ho ... model.html
2010 Key West Bay Reef | 150 Yamaha
1986 Bertram 28 260 Mercruisers [SOLD]
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Harry - we got zero over here, no rain, no wind, no nothing. Sun's out and the cool front has passed. Looks like Ida moved pretty quick over you guys. It sucked up some dry air from the west side and killed it quick.

UV
Garry

Post by Garry »

UV,

The water was up about 3 feet at the house, little rain and some wind. Just for grins, I turned on the dock light and fished a little while. Caught 3 specks and called in quits. The fish should really turn on over the next dayor so as the water begins to fall.

Garry
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Garry, good deal. I just spoke to the Minister de Pollo over at the camp and he says the water is slightly up in the yard but going down now. No big deal in spite of the dire warning they are still giving out through tomorrow. The weather guessers need to look out the window now and then.

UV
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Hey Harry,
Winds are blowing pretty strong over here, how about on your side? Whats left of IDA still sitting on top of us.

Glad all the LA gang seem to come out OK without not to many problems.

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Well here in South Alabama we had some rain, nothing abnormal and some wind. Its still misting rain as I type this post. Temps are falling....feels pretty good.

At our river place the water rose to a point about 6" over our swimming dock.....only about 2 feet above a high summer tide that coinsicedes with a strong prevailing south wind.

All in all it was no more than a good rain with above normal winds for a few hours.

Short Circuit okay??? DeNada got a good hosing....she needed it.

Harry
hb
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

ANNIE C is in Orange beach marina and the current situational report is good! Will be there Friday evening to make my own assessment.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Andy
I doubt seriously that you are gonna find any damage or anything disappointing.

Where are you tied up in Orange Beach Marina?

H
hb
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Harry,

S/C rode it out just find, almost like a pressure washer bath, water rose here behind NAS around 2-3' and alot of rain in someplaces 5"-7", if the offshore weather looks good for the weekend might be thinking about looking for some fishy critters.

The grouper's should be all up in bays after that nice surge, if it's still to rough offshore. But the bluewater probably pushed up pretty close, I can feel that itch starting again.

De Nada probably got all that fiberglass dust wash off, you should happy about that.

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
amuh60

Post by amuh60 »

Harry-

I am in slip C-5. As you pull in the marina it is on your left about 5 slips before Calypso's. It is actually my Dads slip but his boat has been being redone for almost 2 years and counting!

DQ-

They are calling for winds variable to 5kts out of the north this weekend and 75 deg F.

-ANDY
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Andy......2 years and counting..LOL! ! ! That's where I am.

Who is restoring your dads boat.....what kind of boat does he have??

I am very familar with the Orange Beach Marina......I know most of the Saunders crew personally. Their yard is right there next to your slip.

H
hb
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Dang harry! Now you sent her up here!! Gusts to 30 plus the possibility of 10+ inches of rain through Friday! Oh boy!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Rawleigh
You're welcome.......LOL

Harry
hb
Brewster Minton

Post by Brewster Minton »

She is here now. Great. Thanks guys.
Carl

Post by Carl »

Yeah thanks...

Weather is turning, fish still have not shown up, getting real busy at work, I just pulled her out for the year.

Another season bites the dust.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Any of you guys seen Jim Cantorie up there yet????

She's just dropping by to say hello.....she will not stay long...

H
hb
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

As Harry said,
Any of you guys seen Jim Cantorie up there yet????
Harry & I didn't want you yall to miss out on any of the fun. If yall do happen to find Jim, I got $20 to the one who keeps his ass up there with yall.

Yall have fun now

DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Geezzzzz! ! ! !

I just watched the weather report. You guys on the east coast are getting smacked much harder than we did......at least the ones of us that live several miles away from the coastline.

They reported heavy flooding in Portsmouth Va.

I guess just roll your pants legs up and it will be over soon.

Good luck to ya

Harry
hb
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Usually 1 1/2 feet from the water to dock at high tide. Had fourteen inches over at high tide this morning. Note the peak of the roof compared to the hard top.
Helped Rawleigh pull his out of the boathouse with about three inches to spare yesterday and tethered it to his docks. Got the bow lines secured with him at the helm and me in eighteen inches of water on his dock and tried pulling the stern by hand. I weigh in at about 145. No match. Needed Rawleigh's bulk to get'er done. Nearly pulled me in. Some fun! Gusts when we were doing that were in the fifty knot range. Still blowing like a mutha here but the water has receded to the top of my dock. If the wind dies a bit more I'm going out and look for treasure.
Mikey
3/18/1963 - -31-327 factory hardtop express, the only one left.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-Albert Einstein
Carl

Post by Carl »

Heading out to work this morning...still half asleep... I open the gate only to have ducks wading by...I didn't have a lake, pond, stream or river there yesterday. Did a double doube take...

Winds coming directly into our Bay making for some real high tides,,,hence the ocean front property this morning.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

this is what iam looking at
http://www.lishore.org/jones/latest.htm
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

And I thought we got a pass this year . . . so much for assumptions!! I would rather have a hurricane than a bad Nor'easter!! At least the hurricane has more punch, but it travels fast!! Nor'easters just grind you down for days!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Sure as hell doing that here!
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

I take it back, WOW! ole IDA got mix up with the wrong high pressure system. She sure giving ya'll more trouble than she gave us. Hang on guys.

Hey Raleigh not all hurricanes move fast bro, Hvan set on top of us for about 8-10 hrs and thats more than you ever want. But I feel for ya'll now.

Good Luck Guys,
DQ
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
chris pague

Post by chris pague »

I can not complain to much. Just took more blood pres med and tied on a few extra lines. Still not as bad as the unnamed TD a few years ago that was up to the crack of my A@@ on the dock an the Digger was to far up in the water to get in. Even Esibell was as this one was not as bad as the unamed TD.
All is well. Rawligh and Mikey you ok?
Chris
I have found that life can be short. Hope I am not late?
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

I made out OK, but I made it out of the boathouse with inches to spare. I would have hated to have done it without Mikey's help though!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31