Child empowerment

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

JP Dalik

Child empowerment

Post by JP Dalik »

Well for those doubting the youth of today. Here's a handful of shots of the kids that will make it on their own 2 feet:

Yeah she's driving the Combine!!!!

And squeezing em off like a pro!!!!!

Trying to keep em in the field, on the water generally well rounded. Make damn sure I know who their friends are and keep school a high priority. Shame I think their in the minority.

Enjoy, think, reflect, share some wisdom.
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
Tony Meola

Post by Tony Meola »

JP

These are the things they will always remember. In fact I bet when they are out of their teens, because god forbid they admit it when they are teenagers, they will tell you how great growing up was.
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Hey JP
Those are GREAT pics.....that's what life is all about.

I have many memories like that with my 2 kids and looking forward to days like that with my Grandchildren....

Your a good dad....keep up the good work...

By the way.....watch out for that young man with sunglasses....he's pretty rough on us older guys......LOL

Harry
hb
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Yep, those pictures and memories are imposed on yours and their mines forever and nobody can take those away. Great shots JP, ain't life great.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
scot

Post by scot »

Good job JP, yes there is definately hope for the next generation. After raising 2 daughters I can tell you that YOUR biggest test is still in front of you....the day the boys start showing up in cars and want to take your daughter out. Good luck with that. Cleaning the guns, or sharpening a knife while the poor lad waits is always a good idea.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

Is she married yet (or promised to someone)?

Got to teach her to keep that other eye open........
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
JP Dalik

Post by JP Dalik »

Scot,
I'm dreading the day that a guy shows up in a car to take my daughter out. I guess I'd be happiest if when he showed up she was sharpening the knife and cleaning the gun. Maybe quartering out a doe in the garage,,,,give the little shitbag something to think about.

That being said on the other side of the coin, I can't wait to hear about all the fun my boy is going to have when he gets older.

Total hypocrite I know but like it or not there is a double standard. Oh well at least its still a few years away
KR

JP
1977 RLDT "CHIMERA"
IRGuy

Post by IRGuy »

JP...

As the father of one daughter and a grandfather of two (boy almost 10, girl almost 7) I can tell you some of the best moments of my life have been with family. The time and effort you put forth today will be returned many times over as you watch them grow up, and as they marry and start families of their own.

Someone told me something a while ago that stuck with me...

"You don't really know what kind of a job you did raising your kids until you see how your kids raise your grandkids".
Frank B
1983 Bertram 33 FBC "Phoenix"
--------------
Trump lied! Washington DC isn't a swamp.. it is a cesspool!
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Well guys......enjoy every moment you can get with them while they are still innocent and think you are great.....

Then ther will come the time....well never mind.......

But I have to tell ya.....grandchildren are gonna be your reward for not having killed their parents (about the time the guys start showing up)

Then it all settles down and you become BIG BUDDIES again...

Harry
hb
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

I can vouch for that Harry. It's the only good part of growing old. Your kids become real people and special friends, and grandkids are unexplainable to those that do not yet have them. Walter
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

they grow so fast and can go there own way very quickly.i am one of the parents that still have both there children nearby.the grandchildren become part of your lifestyle because now you have time to enjoy them.i see jp is one of the smart ones who share there lifes as they grow .your son son will be your best friend and dauther will call mother everyday thats in your future.the mold is set ------------enjoy
capt.bob lico
bero13010473