water car

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Brewster Minton

water car

Post by Brewster Minton »

<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/cd9_125476000 ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/cd9_1254760001" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

Just guess what will happen when you put it in salt water!!
Last edited by Rawleigh on Oct 6th, '09, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
randall

Post by randall »

thats what i was thinkin......along with the obligatory "where are the rod holders"?
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Well at the starting price of 200K and >, I can buy a Z06 loaded Vette and pull up to the dock behind the diesel powered B31 bought with the balance of the money and not look like ghetto trash.

For the man who has everything, including no class.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

That sort of puts things in perspective doesn't it? There have been several attempts at car/boats in my lifetime and they've all ended in the same place...nowhere. The one shot of the car beating out the Go-Fast boat was interesting from a marine architecture/hull design point of view though. Having spent my life in the advertising business, I'd say it was a pre-shoot set-up. Walter
randall

Post by randall »

im sure we could find a go fast boat to shut down the car. when i was growing up i worked in atlantic beach and the bridge cost a quarter. there was this guy with an "amphi-car" that drove across reynolds channel. saved the quarter.
mike ohlstein
Site Admin
Location: So many things seem like no-brainers until you run into someone with no brain.

Post by mike ohlstein »

walterk wrote:That sort of puts things in perspective doesn't it? There have been several attempts at car/boats in my lifetime and they've all ended in the same place...nowhere.
No, no.

They ended up sailing from Cuba to Miami.........
Mike
Mean Team Leader
PREDATOR

Burn Oil
Eat Food
1973 FBC 1286 0273-315
yankee

Post by yankee »

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it.
People will seldom remember what you say but will always remember how you made them feel
Carl

Post by Carl »

Come on now...it's cool and if I had a spare 2 large, I might consider it. At least more then I would consider a Go Fast...I'd get real board after the first day or two with that.

I have seen people spend more on less usefull toys...and it would look reel good with a set of Rupp Knock-Downs. LOL