Hurricane Ivan Anniversary

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Capt. DQ

Hurricane Ivan Anniversary

Post by Capt. DQ »

Well right about now as of the time of this posting Parts of AL & FL where just starting to get their asses kicked by Hurricane Ivan 5 yrs ago....then about 1-2am in the early morning we were really getting our butts kicked. I hope and pray that I'm never that stupid to stay again. One ride I care not to do again EVER!...thats why we have insurance, take my advice when cat 3 or higher comes near you...get the hell outta there.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Although not in immediate danger I remember that night very well Doug......The eye came right over Fairhope....first time I ever experienced the eye of a hurricane.....now that was really freaky....so calm I cannot even describe it....

I also remember the night Fredrick came thru.....very well.....and that was 30 years ago.....Frederick smacked Fairhope pretty hard.....

Planning a Tuna trip.....lets don't jinks it.......

H
hb
AndreF

Post by AndreF »

Ivan's the one that broke up the walkway from the Marina to the lightlouse at Port Eads, meaning you had to go by boat to get to the lighthouse. Wayne and Roy couldn't make it by boat to the lighthouse for shelter during Katrina the next year and were lost overboard forever.
I'm not sure but indecision may or may not be my problem.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

1981 FBC BERG1883M81E