Dum Crook News

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Capt. DQ

Dum Crook News

Post by Capt. DQ »

This is interesting news for Dum & Dummer Copper Thiefs: When reading the article look for the part about finger prints.

http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/app ... 00325/1006

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

That left a mark!!!
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

An Alabama man gave his all stealing copper about 3 weeks ago. His body and evidence was found and recovered by officials. He was using a small boat, I think a canoe with an outboard.
In another robbery, just before school started in Mobile Al someone went into the school and stole copper pipe and tubing from the school chiller system.

I guess working for a living just requires to much effort Ha Ha

Harry Babb
Sean B

Post by Sean B »

Every now and again, despite our society mostly arresting it, a Darwin process still manages to occur. There's one thief who won't manage to raise a bunch of little thieves.

Reminds me of freshmen dorm college days almost 20 years ago now. We had a thief that apparently had a key to our dorm room, probably one of the last students to live there, that kept stealing my roomates' stereo stuff. After the third time being ripped off and no luck getting the college to change the locks, I cut the cord from a lamp, stripped some insulation off and wrapped the hot wire around the shaft of the steel doorknob. Plugged it in before we left, and used our t-shirt as an insulator to open the door to get back in.

Sure enough, after some time went by, one night I came back and there was a key still in the lock, and some piss on the floor. All the dorm guys thought that was an evil thing to do, I thought it was just right
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Sean,
Had I been there I would have been the guy helping you to strip the wire.
Harry Babb
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

That is a great idea. If I was there I would have plugged the cord in for you.
Kevin
randall

Post by randall »

sean....only lived in a dorm for most of one year.....got kicked out and had to get my own appartment...oh the punishment.....but i digress....no thieves in our dorm but we had the whole pittburgh police there on nice spring day.....one of my roomates was cleaning a comb.....says i "dont you know how to clean a comb?" he hands me the comb and i run it along the door edge breaking off all the teeth then wipe it with a tissue and hand it back.......he not unexpectadly freaks out and empties my clothes drawers onto the floor...i return the favor much to the amusment of our third roomate ....so we both attacked his stuff...........the guys across the hall came over to see what all the noise was about .....so the three of us ransacked their room.......now there were six.....by the time it was over mattresses were flying out the windows and every room in the entire door was a mess....thanks for reminding me of that...haddn't thought about it for years.........and your idea is great...might rig it up for my shop....cept i'd be likely to forget