B28 Seat Question

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

MarkD

B28 Seat Question

Post by MarkD »

Hey Guys:

I have a 1988 B28 FBC with a 3/4 seat on the flybridge. I would like to replace or modify it to the full seat that goes across the bridge (I have seen this on many other 28's). Does anybody know where I can get one of these seats or have any suggestions on a retro for it? Thanks in advance.

Mark
Harry Woods

Post by Harry Woods »

The originals were made by Pompanette, (Pompanette, LLC.). They are still in business and can fabricate it for you. I am sure one of the faithful have spare aluminum supports for under the seat and fold down they could send you to add to the two you have. The seat is vinyl and foam over plywood and could be made locally. I abandon the bench on my B28 in favor of two Todd chairs. The full bench can be difficult to navigate around/over in rough seas.
Harry
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Harry.. Do you by chance have the old bench seat that I could buy or did you toss it? Thanks,
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

i had pompanette make me a new bench seat---the original plywood was rotten---they fabricated new one out of starboard with removable cushions--starboard is okay for the backrests but would have chosen a different material for the seat-starboard is not that strong--i fabricated a support that ran the full width of the seat.

if i had to do it over , would have had seat fabricated out of fiberglass
Harry Woods

Post by Harry Woods »

Mark,
I do not have the old bench. Many of the faithful have changed out the benches over the years. Put a post on the swap and sell board and you will find someone with a bench seat in their garage that they have been tripping over for years.
Harry