Bahia from Long Island to Ft. Lauderdale

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Bertramp

Bahia from Long Island to Ft. Lauderdale

Post by Bertramp »

I have to move a Bahia Mar from Long Island to Ft Lauderdale. Can't take the time off to do by water. I know of a hauler, but does anyone on here have a trailer or know what kind of truck you would need to haul it myself ?
CaptPatrick
Founder/Admin
Location: 834 Scott Dr., LLANO, TX 78643 - 325.248.0809 bertram31@bertram31.com

Post by CaptPatrick »

You're better off using your hauler...

By the time you round up a triple axle trailer, configure it to for the hull, hassel with over wide permits, spend a ton on additional gas, probably be under insured, and a nervous wreak by the time you get to Liquordale, a commercial hauler makes a lot of sense. A haul like that would take, at the very least, a 2 ton diesel truck to tow the load.

Br,

Patrick
Br,

Patrick

Molon labe
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

steve
what was the name of the bahia mar and where was it from on the island, pats right get it hauled, to much b.s
randall

Post by randall »

no brainer....
coolair

Post by coolair »

mine came down on a 1ton chevy dualy, my boat weighed less than 11k
but like capt. said, let those guys do it, its worth it trust me i have ran in a 1 ton way over weight way to far, its not worth it.
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

Boat is from Southampton. Name Max'd Out. When ethanol was introduced (aka ..shoved down our throats) in gas, owner also had another boat, so he hauled the 31 and put it in a barn. It sat there for approx 4-5 yrs.
Seller is a friend of a friend and we struck a deal that included the tank and all fuel lines replaced. Engines are Crusaders. They are not new, but run decently and if one "craps the bed" a shortblock is relativly painless .... especially if you have gotten used to dealing with repairs on diesels.
Very simple original boat, which is just what I want. I had a FBC about 10 yrs ago, sold it, after a long weekend away at a marina in Ct., in which it rained all weekend. I got cabin fever and wound up with a 36ft "H" boat.
The real problem was that I asked the 31 to do something that it was not designed for ... be a liveaboard for 3 people. The Bahia will be docked behind my house here in FL, fish out of Hillsborough inlet and occassional runs to the Keys or Bahamas. If going away, I'll find a marina with a motel.
Charlie J

Post by Charlie J »

steve
sounds good, best of luck with her
Bertramp

Post by Bertramp »

thanks .... prior 31 FBC that I had was from Freeport and was bought from the Greco family. Boat was called "Silver Bullet" when they owned it ... I in turn named it Bertramp