Surveyor Palm Beach Area?

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

bob lico

Post by bob lico »

a good friend of mine just purchase a 1990 50' bertram from allied and i can`t seem to locate bruce for a engine survey . owner has replaced old detroits with 10 cylinder man diesels . i need someone in north palm beach area to survey boat ,hopefully this surveyer has a infer- red bottom moisture detector for tell tale blisters or moisture filled fiberglass areas.i don`t know the layup of a 1990 50' bertram . i would appreciate any input good or bad.but most of all good surveyor price is no object.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
John Brownlee

Post by John Brownlee »

Bob:

Have your buddy contact Mel Allen in Tequesta, he's the best surveyor in the Palm Beach/Stuart area: 561-747-2433.

If he wants an engine survey, he should call John Wheatley at Florida Marine Tech in Riviera Beach, he's the MAN dealer up there: 561-844-7007.

JB
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

john thank you ever so much .how can a person up north get a heads up on a Man engine surveyor in palm beach ? like waterk said "what a site"
capt.bob lico
bero13010473
John Brownlee

Post by John Brownlee »

No problem, I hope it works out for your friend. Mel is a retired Marine and THE most thorough surveyor I've run across. I've used him exclusively for 15 years and he pulls no punches: when he's through, you know what you've got, good and bad.

Wheatley is also a great mechanic. I've never owned MANs but he's helped me many times with my 6-92s. Best of luck to your buddy.

JB
Bruce
Site Admin

Post by Bruce »

Bob,
Sorry I've been away again.

Pete Fallon is also a great hull surveyor, I've worked with many of them and he's one of the best also and he's one of our own.

I agree with John about Fla Marine Tech. Ask for Doc as the tech. He's a top MAN tech. Stay away from AMT in PB Gardens.

I'd do it but I'm swamped from playing hooky most of the year so far with traveling.
bob lico

Post by bob lico »

bruce sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do and get away.thanks for the surveyor tip anyways.
capt.bob lico
bero13010473