Last offer!

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Kevin

Last offer!

Post by Kevin »

I know this is not the buy/sell board but railing/ladder system off my 28 needs a home. I hate to toss it. I can bring it to Lauderdale if anyone wants to take it from there. Some one could at least use a replacement ladder. I just do not have the room to store the stuff. It is free for anyone on this site. Let me know, if not, stuff goes into the trash. Kevin
scot

Post by scot »

Kevin,

I believe I can use the ladder, do you have any photos and a measurement would help. I am converting a 25B that is a hard top into a FB...a ladder will be needed if I expect to get to the bridge. I'm not sure if the rails will work?

The only issue I have is that I am in Texas and have no trips to the Sun Shine state in the near future.
Scot
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Preston Burrows

Post by Preston Burrows »

Kevin:

Are you re-installing the railings in the cockpit at the engine compartment step-up????

If those railings are 'available' please let me know !

Looking forward to hearing more on your Steyr's..........and my boat IS a floating hardware store..............

Preston Burrows
1976 B28 FBC
BERF1398M76J-285
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Preston,
When I bought the boat they were already removed. Not even sure what it is like to have them! Kevin
STeveZ

Post by STeveZ »

Preston/Kevin,

Do you miss the drunk-rails? I've been thinking of removing or altering mine in order to open up the cockpit.
Preston Burrows

Post by Preston Burrows »

Steve:

I don't miss mine,but I will when sides both railings gunnel 'stanchion' bases finally give out - they are corroded from the inside out and I cannot weld stainless !

They help me keep things in 'perspective' when its a rough day trolling and my friend's kids like them.......

Kevin:

Where will your boat be located at the Lauderdale show?
Maybe you should call your boat 'Ethanot' !
[I thought you may have taken those rails off to help access for your re-power,as they do get in the way when working on the back of the engines or transmissions.]

Preston Burrows
1976 B28 FBC
BERF1398M76J-285
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Preston/Steve,
I think the boat looks clean without them. As I mentioned before, 99.99% of my time with this boat it has been a project. Never even fished out of it yet, but that will change soon. I am 6'3", so I could imagine literally tripping over the rails if I had them.

My boat should should be at slip D34. I will be dropping it off middle of week. I hope to return Friday night or Saturday morning. I hope to meet some of you guys there. If you go by the boat make sure to talk with Sid. He can tell you all the ins and outs of the Steyr Motors. Should exchange phone numbers. Mine is 305 481 0253. I am looking for suggestions on things like access to bridge. I have a pretty good idea of what I want but not enough time to finish all the little things before I get there.

Oh, yeah, if there are no takers for lauderdale pick up, I could always ship the ladder to Texas. Kevin
scot

Post by scot »

I wonder what the UPS charge would be for the ladder? Is the ladder welded or do the steps "set screw" in place. If the they set screw I would be very happy just to get the steps.

Thanks Scot
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Scot, Not sure but I will dig it out of closet in the AM and check. Got to go to work now. Kevin
Hyena Love

Hyena Drunk Rails

Post by Hyena Love »

Anybody interested in the drunk rails, I have a set in my garage. Yours for the cost of shipping.

I am in Houton Texas.
Kingfish

Post by Kingfish »

If nothing else, the drunk rails let me mount 10 extra rod holders.

Nobody can have too many rods!!
Jim
1975 28 FBC
CaptDana

Rails

Post by CaptDana »

My rails have been on since day one---20 yrs of chartering--probably saved a life or 2-- and if you have a cooler backed up to each one--not bad to lean against---on the rough days--it keeps the not so well footed in the middle of the boat---and not peaking over the edge--just depends on what you go out or fish in and experience level
my 3 cents
Dana
Dana Bonney