home fuel delivery

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Craig Mac

home fuel delivery

Post by Craig Mac »

for long island guys---been using rising tide fuel-gas or diesel--very dependable comes to house-i think mininum is 50 gallons--not sure if it is okay to post # ---very clean truck and 250 feet of hose--
Harv

Re: home fuel delivery

Post by Harv »

Craig Mac wrote:for long island guys---been using rising tide fuel-gas or diesel--very dependable comes to house-i think mininum is 50 gallons--not sure if it is okay to post # ---very clean truck and 250 feet of hose--
When I get my boat finished and back in the water, can I come to your place to fuel up?
Harv
scenarioL113

Post by scenarioL113 »

50 gallons usually is the minimum. I work part time for a fuel oil / diesel company myself on Long Island.

I can help any of our members out with #2 diesel for your boats if your in our area. (Between say Massapequa and Bay Shore).

The more you buy the bigger discount you get. We do boats usually at or behind peoples houses. We can meet a boat at a specific spot if you want but it has to be coordinated.

I will NEVER buy fuel on the water EVER again, unless I am on a trip and have no choice, I am tired of getting ripped off!

This is why I converted to diesel.

On a side note, we are not looking for business and I am only a driver and will not make a dime. I do not want to take away from Craigs guy, if he says he is good then use him, he probably is. Just throwing it out there.
1971 28 Bertram
4BT Cummins

Frank

9-11-01 NEVER FORGET
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

Sure Harv, anytime.

The good thing for me is that they are delivering gas and I think their octane is 89. I was buying 87 on the water.
In Memory Walter K

Post by In Memory Walter K »

Is this the red stuff?
Craig Mac

Post by Craig Mac »

I don't know abt the diesel--but this is above board operation not clandistine

He has been challeged by some townshipsand fire departments and has fought and won according to him.
Rawleigh

Post by Rawleigh »

It doesn't matter for the boat does it Walter?
Rawleigh
1966 FBC 31
scot

Post by scot »

I have always heard the red was "off highway"...and that included ANYTHING that did not go down the road. The additional cost is for road taxes. No water tax, YET.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
scenarioL113

Post by scenarioL113 »

This debate always comes up.

RED stuff is OK on the water. The RED stuff is really the only good diesel out there.

RED stuff is USUALLY RED Dyed "LOW SULFUR DIESEL" which has no more than 500 parts per million content of sulfur. The sulfur is the so called bad stuff for emissions but it keeps our diesel engines fuel systems properly lubricated.

RED stuff is also available as DYED "ULTRA LOW SULFUR DIESEL" which like the diesel you buy at the pump has a sulfur content of no more than 15 parts per million of sulfur.

IMHO the preferred fuel is the 500 PPM RED stuff.

It is what I use unless I cant get it where I am at.

Further more if anyone wants to know heating oil is RED DYED LSD 500PPM as of 2007.

When they tightened up the standards in '07 for Road Diesel they also mandated heating oil to have no more than 500 PPM,

Dont let anyone pull your leg, you can run heating oil in your diesel and do NO HARM.....PERIOD!
1971 28 Bertram
4BT Cummins

Frank

9-11-01 NEVER FORGET