The Prop Stop

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

Dug

The Prop Stop

Post by Dug »

Kinda had a chuckle...

I have a friend who went down to Baton Rouge etc., this past weekend and did some "howdy boating" as UV would say...

Came back raving about a place called the Prop Stop!

Pictures, videos, the whole deal.

I told her next time she was there, mention UV to the staff. Might get a chuckle...

Dug
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Dug - did she win the wet t-shirt contest? The Prop Stop is under new ownership. The former owners are or were in jail for some sort of dope charge its reported. The new deal is now you have to pay $5 to tie up at their dock but they give you a chit that's good for $5 at the bar...so they are trying to keep the broke-dicks from tying up the dock space and bringing their own booze. Good idea. Its about 4 or 5 miles down the Tickfaw River from my camp. The law enforcement presence on the Tickfaw has been brutal this year after some bad boat wrecks. One of my camp neighbors was towing a dead (like REAL dead and stinking) alligator out of his canal behind his jet ski - doing about 2 kts - when the Coasties grabbed him and gave him a ticket for no life jacket....and hasseled him about the dead gator. So be careful on the Tickfaw, da law is out to get ya.

UV
scot

Post by scot »

UV..
So be careful on the Tickfaw, da law is out to get ya.
Unless you know the Judge, or the Parish Sheriff is your cousanne.
Scot
1969 Bertram 25 "Roly Poly"
she'll float one of these days.. no really it will :-0
Dug

Post by Dug »

I don't know, I will encourage her to join in. If I know her, she will!

Looks like a good fun time chucking water balloons at each other, thats for sure!

I will pass it on, and maybe talk her into swinging by. She was with some big boys on a little baja speedboat...

D