Port Eads news

The Main Sand Box for bertram31.com

Moderators: CaptPatrick, mike ohlstein, Bruce

In Memory of Vicroy

Port Eads news

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

Following up on Doug Q's report....my son - a fishing guide down that way - says that it's true that FEMA is giving the Parish $12.5 million to repair Port Eads after Katrina. He knows one of the few guys that has a houseboat in what's left of the marina and he got a letter from the Parish a few days ago telling him he must remove his houseboat from the marina while the construction is going on. It is presumed that the Parish will operate the marina vs. leasing it out as they had done before to the Scarabin family.

Is there another UVI in the cards?

UV
Capt. DQ

Post by Capt. DQ »

Thanks UV for verifying the skinny on that news, now....do I need to start groveling for a spot if they build a new painkiller lodge...seeing how you put that question out there about another possible Port Eads UVI.

DQ
1967 Hull #315-605 FBC ---<*)((((><(
"IN GOD WE TRUST"
'Life may be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well fish'!
Harry Babb

Post by Harry Babb »

Uncle Vic wrote:Is there another UVI in the cards?
Lets hope so

Harry
hb
JohnCranston

Post by JohnCranston »

UV,
What's the status on South Pass? Is it still not maintained by the State? It's kind of creepy coming in there in the middle of the night.
I'll never ruin a $50 buzz with a $4 sandwich
In Memory of Vicroy

Post by In Memory of Vicroy »

John - it was fixed up real good by the CG after Katerina and the east jetty is now several feet out of the water even at high tide. Much easier than before.

If they get the marina back up and running my thoughts are we all chip in and rent a quarters barge for a week and I'll get a cook, etc. We shall see....too early to grovel.

UV
Garry

Post by Garry »

UV,

I am hopeful for the return of PE, but something about $12.5 mil and Parish Government makes me question whether it will ever happen. Guess I have lived in south La too long....

Garry